Why is everyone wearing this brand of backpacks?

February-01-2012-15-29-15-4081611015074999936866273840866112294612391291019n

2 Likes

That thread begins with a less neutral opening post

I want to meet that Marckee, did you slap yourself in the face a couple of times after that ‘control yourself your hysterical!’

I googled that brand. Bloody expensive.

Why the kids today just don’t buy whichever rucksacks are available from Argos like I did in the late 80s/early 90s I have no idea.

I enjoyed royter asking if daunt books sell books in that other thread

1 Like

How much did your current rucksack cost

• Ain’t got one
  • Free
  • £0.01 - £9.99
  • £10 - 19.99
  • £20 - £29.99
  • £30 - £49.99
  • £50 - £75
  • Over £75

0 voters

Old Blue Last
etc
etc

1 Like

I have a lot of rucksacks. Which one?

We have a fair amount of Fjällräven in our house (naturally) & yeah they’re a well ricey brand but their products last for fucking ever

I have a pair of walking boots that have lasted 14 Swedish winters and still look brand new

Don’t have a Kånken though - way too small to be practical

your everyday one

Forty punts but that was seventeen years ago. Some solid value there.

I love my rucksack

Costs about £50

2 Likes

that’s about £4000 in today’s money

1 Like

I am not sure they sell anything for £40. Though their stuff is well made and responsibly sourced, I suppose that’s how much stuff cost when everything is done proply.

1 Like

i’ve got that but in this colour

2 Likes

Agree. And in this day and age of us all doing made-up jobs a backpack has replaced the briefcase for a lot of us, so I think it’s fine to fork out on.

Dunno

1 Like

Yep I use it every day and it’s held up really well.

I have an Eastpak. They come with a 30 year guarantee that is basically impossible to claim from :upside_down_face:

People seem to be well confused how things cost money? A £60 backpack is nothing! And it does last forever. I’ve had mine years and it’s not wearing out in any way.

2 Likes