Why is it considered a shitshow to post "self promotion" posts?

I’m just curious as to why it’s considered taboo.

We’re not promoting anything at the minute, and I know I posted the video for Monkey See Monkey Do on here a month or so ago, but that’s a year old. Just thought I’d share it with people who like music.

But here is not where I’m talking about. There’s other forums that will insta ban if you talk about your own music, yet it’s a music board.

If it’s something that you’ve worked long and hard to create and you’re proud of it and you want to share it with music loving people, why is that wrong?

Interested to hear what DIS make of it.

Noice.

Self promotion from a regular poster who engages with the community and wants to show off their thing: Fine
Self promotion from someone who literally just signed up an account to promote on their tour of internet message boards to do the same in a ton of places: Fuck that noise.

23 Likes

Aye, that’s fair enough, the engagement part. But still, there’s a place for self promotion no? Even if it’s a newbie spouting? But if they post and move on and never return, it’ll just fall into oblivion and that’ll be that.

The problem is that if promotion posts are tolerated, even if they drop down the boards due to the lack of replies, we’ll end up with loads of them clogging up the front page.

2 Likes

If you contribute elsewhere it’s fine

1 Like

Fair and Valid point there, fair and valid point. If the average of bands promoting stuff is actually dogshit, then it loses it’s appeal in any form.

We’re not amazing, we’re alright, but not amazing. Hopefully not in the 99.9999% Who knows.

Football Manager 2019 comes out this Friday, 2nd of November for Mac and PC

34 Likes

That’s a fair point too, DiS has that as a feature, but many don’t.

Does it? Mint!

1 Like

This is a rather clever meta JAG

7 Likes

Not sure what a Meta Jag is, but it’s not that, it’s an honest question. We’ve not released anything for over a year as Life has gotten in the way of being in a band numerous times, I’m just curious is all. And, bored as fuck with the office job soooooooo.

Ha, best way of putting it!! Hahaha, I’ve always strived NOT to be THAT guy! I get that.

1 Like

I didn’t say I’d NEVER done it, I just said I strive to be NOT that guy. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just suddenly got an urge to listen to the musical stylings of Super73. I wonder where I might be able to find their wares.

We had a song in-game for the startup for the first time ever last version…

There is no song in FM19 (out on Friday on blah blah blah)

1 Like

Because the music always Sux

Not sure what… Um… You say … Ok?

Always?

Haha, no you didn’t.

Please think of advertisers.

1 Like