Why is

Dogs pissing all over lampposts, pavements etc deemed ok and the norm, but humans doing it is a ‘real problem’?
Why is dog poo seen as awful, but dog piss running down the street is ok? Why? Why have I made another thread about something like this?

My idea? I think dog owners should have to take a little spray bottle around with them with cleaner in and when their dog pisses somewhere they have to spray and disinfect it

• That is a good idea, yes
  • Sorry, I am a dog owner and lazy and/or am overly fond of dogs and blinded by this common sense approach to their nuisance

0 voters

Do bird piss? @meths

in the trees, so not a problem. You know some leaves are sticky? there’s your answer. We can’t police birds, balonz. We need real solutions to solvable problems

Love a glass of dog piss in the morning

it’s just piss.

Not really a big deal

I wasn’t sure if it came out in their faeces or what? @meths

Birds and reptiles turn it into uric acid. Birds have a chamber called a cloaca where digestive wastes, uric acid, and eggs or sperm go before leaving the body. While the uric acid is in the cloaca, birds can absorb some of the water back.

Maybe, but why can’t I piss in the street then. Like, I reckon a great dane could piss as much as me, so how come he (or she) can go where they like?

Birds convert nitrogen to uric acid instead: this is metabolically more costly but saves water and weight, as it is less toxic and doesn’t need to be diluted so much. Birds therefore don’t have a urethra, and don’t pee – all waste leaves via the anus.

Not sure why meths had to PM me all that and not just post it here.

I think it’s more the indecency of exposing your flaccid penis in public.

Piss isn’t that bad a liquid really

I don’t think that’s the reason you can’t piss in public, is it? it’s cos there would be piss all over the floor, like a dog!
Women could pee in the street very inoffensively

The piss of a human is worse than the piss of a canine.

Also, pissing externally is an inherent part of being a dog.

Pretty sure I piss externally mate?!

Sometimes you piss internally in a toilet or urinal

Might start a petition. Just so a load of MPs have to talk about dog piss in the commons

don’t tell me how to live my life!

there must be a country where this isnt allowed. Like you have to clean it up afterwards. I want to live there