šŸ· Wine šŸ·

A brilliant invention, I think we can all agree. Red is obviously the best, some whites are nice, especially Spanish, rosĆ© is nice sometimes on a very hot day, and fizzy wine is unpleasant heartburn juice. Now weā€™ve got the unanimous ranking out the way, letā€™s talk about wine!

9 Likes

god damn love ma wine. got a few cracking bottles sitting in the flat waiting for me and an ATD to find an evening to get into them.

4 Likes

11 Likes

Different wines for different needs

Yes

Yes

No

Old world wines > new world wines

2 Likes

Have limited experience of wines, and only like a few, love it when i get to try someoneā€™s and i like it though

Going to be honest I am not really a connoisseur of wine, I can never remember what whites I like and which ones are gross because usually if Iā€™m drinking wine itā€™s just so I can be a very funny drunk (and have an appalling hangover the next day with the sweats). Barefoot is the one I usually get. Had some absolutely amazing white wine at my hostel in Ohrid (North Macedonia) but itā€™s not easy to get here.

I am a fun and feisty woman who likes to have a good time, so I love prosecco. Red is only good for mulled wine and sangria, tastes like vinegar otherwise.

Love using wine in cooking. It feels so decadent.

Iā€™d also love to be one of those people who has a load of wine bottles in a wine rack. canā€™t imagine living such an indulgent life.

Had a bit of a wine phase and it was kind of a nice hobby, getting to appreciate tastes and styles/regions/grapes etc you like. Had to quit drinking but might be a nice thing to return to again one day.

2 Likes

Ā£10-Ā£18 is the sweet spot for quality and value I think. Obviously a lot of under Ā£10 wines are good but you know that something about Ā£14-15 is gonna be nice. Over Ā£20 for a ā€˜normalā€™ bottle of wine and youā€™re a mug.

Iā€™ve got a cellar

1 Like

I love you but youā€™re an idiot.

3 Likes

Whatā€™s in it?

Couple of bikes, some smokeless fuel, and an old bag of cement. Gone hard.

6 Likes

custom alan GIF

2 Likes

I reeeeeally love sangria but I just canā€™t stomach normal red. And Iā€™m glad, because I have light coloured carpets.

Drinking sangria in the paddling pool in the sunshine when I was furloughed in May 2020 is one of the happiest times of my life

4 Likes

I lived somewhere for a while with a wine cave. Sadly never had more than about 6 bottles of wine in though.

Sangria is very nice, especially out of a 70c carton of Don Simon, but mulled wine is a hate crime.

I buy wine and I drink wine, in that order.

2 Likes

Things I remember from the zoom wine tasting evening we did:

1. Generally no flavourings are added and all the tasting notes are just properties of the grape/vintage/processing combination. Blew my mind, this.
  2. Lots of white wines are made from red grapes with the skins filtered out immediately.

This is all I remember because we ploughed through 5 bottles between two of us with me doing the heavy lifting. Fun night

1 Like

WINE TIP

Got some crap red wine thatā€™s barely drinkable? Mix it with Coca Cola. Tastes lovely.

1 Like

Lambrini is the best

1 Like