Winter Brexit Thread: Our DiScontent

makeitstop
ohno

But the plan was rejected by Heidi Nordby Lunde, an MP in Norway’s governing Conservative party, and leader of Norway’s European movement. She said her views reflected those of the governing party even though the Norwegian prime minister, Erna Solberg, has been more diplomatic by saying Noway would examine a UK application.

Lunde told the Guardian: “Really, the Norwegian option is not an option. We have been telling you this for one and a half years since the referendum and how this works, so I am surprised that after all these years it is still part of the grown-up debate in the UK. You just expect us to give you an invitation rather than consider whether Norway would want to give you such an invitation. It might be in your interest to use our agreement, but it would not be in our interest.”

Well Heidi Lunde, we’re Britain, and wild arrogance combined with abject stupidity is our main thing, so get used to it.

laughingthunderbird.gif

and it won’t stop at medicines will it. then they’ll say oh the debates have gone on long enough, time to use the henry 8th to put a stop to this shit. oh you can’t protest, chaos in the streets looks bad to post-brexit investors, protesting is now banned, henry the 8th. Etc.

this is a fash government without the balls to own it yet imo.

Yep I’ve always said no deal/hard brexit will lead to full on fascism. Once they’re removed all those pesky rights from EU membership and created a situation of riots and hunger then you can roll out fascism, all to help the people and bring order to the streets of course. I mean they’ve already talked about troops on the streets in the case of hard brexit.

tinfoil of me but it wouldn’t surprise me at all if some of this stuff is being leaked deliberately to assess how it plays.

Epimer got it right in the french riot threads:

So many people, esp my parents generation just go, oh it’ll be fine won’t it, nothing really changes.

Reminds me of this from the other week

you can’t even trust that trialling a no deal brexit and having it be awful would be enough to get us to try to rejoin. i could easily imagine all the chaos and food riots being blamed on people like us, and on minorities and such, because we “didn’t believe in brexit enough” or something.

‘Nigel Evans, a senior figure in the European Research Group, tweeted: “Note to PM – entering the backstop amendments are totally irrelevant and misses the point.

“We need certainty on leaving the unnecessary backstop answering concerns of the Attorney General. Ministers touring U.K. flogging this dead deal are engaged in worst miss selling since PPI.”’

No need to drag national heroes into this one mate

a public schoolboy spat and a pig-headed refusal

Has someone made the jo- dammit.

rainierwolfcastlewithcameronshead.jpg

Regarding the LibDems’ attempted ‘People’s Vote’ amendments:

the People’s Vote campaign have this morning released a statement saying the Lib Dem move is “deeply unhelpful” because it is premature. A spokesman for the campaign explained:

The amendment by the Liberal Democrats is deeply unhelpful at this stage and does not have cross-party support or the backing of the People’s Vote campaign.

The focus and strategy of our campaign has always been first to get the government’s Brexit deal rejected by parliament on Tuesday and then pave the way for a People’s Vote when it has maximum support in the House of Commons.

This amendment is more about political point scoring than following a strategy and it would be deeply unfair for the Liberal Democrats to use this amendment against other supporters of the People’s Vote campaign who are united behind efforts to get the deal rejected and then secure the British public the final say they deserve.

This is the talk of our office and everyone is absolutely furious. How utterly pig-headed! How backward!

There’s been a lot of horrible, nonsensical stuff spouted by tory wankers during this whole process but this is the one that has fucked me off the most. Fuck off you fucking tory fucking dickheads.

Did you know that former prime minister David Cameron once put his penis in a severed pig’s head

Severed owns a pig?

I just read this morning that one of David Cameron’s favourite ever songs is The Eton Rifles - a song that pretty much incites class war against Eton-educated, politically aspirational, poshboy twats.

I’m starting to think this man isn’t the astute leader we all thought he was.

He has never listened to any music with lyrics out of his own volition. Guaranteed

absolute blinder, le garcon absolut

i don’t speak french

No shame or even vague attempt to hide the evil anymore.

That said, and in no way wanting to defend Priti Patel whatsoever, this line:

Threatening Ireland’s food supply :face_with_monocle::man_facepalming:t2:…as a descendent of people fleeing county Mayo, it amazes me that these expensively educated brexiteers have literally learned nowt about the history of these very isles.
— Tom Blenkinsop

…she’s one of the only ones of that lot who had a ‘normal’ (ie not massively privileged) education - Watford comp, Keele uni then Essex uni. Doesn’t explain why she’s so mega evil however, especially as the child of immigrants herself.

Most posh brexiteers are very proud of how much British history they know. How they remember it and how they apply it is just… extremely selective.

classic The Brits