Winter Brexit Thread: Our DiScontent

It’s on youtube!

Not the same as broadcasting it to the nation though :slight_smile:

Bercow’s pretty demob happy these days isn’t he

Frankly put, I can’t think of anyone I’d rather have than Bercow as the speaker from the point of view of getting Brexit dealt with. Might be big question marks about him in terms of how he treats others, but I don’t think many MPs would be as willing to challenge the government’s assumed level of power as he has been.

It baffles me that given that, May’s governments seem to be doing everything they can to piss him off.

2 Likes

Given that loads of people wanted him out a few months ago I reckon he’s just having some fun while he runs down the clock.

Goddamn parliamentary procedure is hott

5 Likes

As I understand it, the last month has been something like this :

May: gonna cancel vote on my deal cos you all say its shit, I’m gonna go to eu and negotiate again.

Literally everyone else: what? But the EU have said they won’t renegotiate, and you have said this is the best and only deal available!?

May : OK laters Christmas time now, bye!!

After christmas

Literally everyone else: OK so what have you renegotiated then?

May: what? Are you living in a fantasy land? Do you think the EU have new deals just lying around in cupboards waiting for us? No this is the best deal and the only deal available.

The last bit is almost a direct quote :neutral_face:

8 Likes

I liked the idea this morning that Stormont could have a vote on things - because it’s definitely looking like they’re going to be back in action soon!

8 Likes
22 Likes

Bercows gonna get murdered.

She’s treating parliament like I treat future-me when I have shit I really need to do that I really don’t want to do.

“I’ll do this job application next week. I’ll have more time and I’ll be in a better mental space to do it then. It’s the only sensible option.”

“Oh fuck I’m so fucking busy and I’m having a meltdown and everything is terrible. What the fuck was I thinking?! Why didn’t I do it last week? I guess I’m not applying for that job then!”

Not a good way to run a life - fucking abysmal way to run a government.

9 Likes

Bollawks to Brexit!

3 Likes

The “a” that I mentally inserted when reading this first time around really heavily changes the meaning of this.

6 Likes

24 Likes

Holloway definitely stood up all smug and thinking “I’ve got him bang to rights here, he’s gonna look really stupid after I make this point!”

10 Likes

Bercows car is covered in NWA and parental advisory: explicit lyrics stickers.

18 Likes

The amount of dicking about that goes into a House of Commons vote… :disappointed: Is that $4 billion restoration they’re doing going to buy them some electronic voting panels?

5 Likes

The whole rear left panel is just surf shop stickers

2 Likes

I walked into Westminster station about half an hour ago. A confused tourist asked me where Big Ben was. He wasn’t terribly impressed when I pointed out he was pretty much standing next to it.

3 Likes

They considered it, but like all good Government IT projects, it was going to add 5 years to the timescales and triple the costs.

1 Like