Winter Brexit Thread: Our DiScontent

I absolutely loathe this tosser.

1 Like

:smiley:

19 Likes

Definitely feels like a mixed metaphor to use the fire emoji when describing someone as being ‘on fire’.

Obviously I was very sad this post wasn’t telling us Boris Johnson had literally done a Thích Quảng Đức* in disgust at May’s deal but there you are…

*the monk depicted on the cover of Rage Against the Machine’s debut album.

1 Like

To the gammon mobile!

12 Likes

We know how this is gonna go:

“HOW DARE THOSE UNELECTED BUREAUCRATS TELL US WHAT WE CAN AND CAN’T DO?! PROVES THEY’RE DESPERATE TO KEEP US! THEY NEED US MORE THAN WE NEED THEM!” Etc.

I hope this provides another opportunity for a reporter to go out and ask the idiot on the street their thoughts about all this.

I haven’t seen a clip of a factory worker saying ‘They just need to get on with it’ for at least 72 hours…

8 Likes

I’ve enjoyed the sight of the government fighting throughout this to prove they have less rights than they actually do because having rights is politically inconvenient.

3 Likes

You must have missed the BBC news report from Holyhead this morning. Smart move.

3 Likes

Need a convenient Polish shop to nod at and say ‘This is why we need to do it’.

do they, aye

10 Likes

Interesting analysis:

Alan bleeds to death in agony doesn’t he? :smirk:

Autocorrect not gonna change it :grinning:

5 Likes

Honestly, I bet someone did. Force yourself to imagine the kind of people Boris surrounds himself with.

Obviously not a watertight methodology on this but:

“When we remove the Deal as an option and reallocate these preferences in a straight Remain Vs No Deal contest we find that Remain would be slightly ahead, winning 52% to 48%”

Also the Daily Mail recently going hard in support of May’s deal doesn’t seem to be moving the dial much in favour of it huh?

The most shocking thing about that is that 48% still think no deal is preferable or indeed viable.

1 Like

It didn’t shock me.

13 Likes

https://twitter.com/JolyonMaugham/status/1072039929415376896?s=19

THE BIGGEST UPSET SINCE THE FIRST BOOK OF SAMUEL

3 Likes

Imagine being him. Just… imagine it.

I enjoyed a variation of this last week where some startled-looking angry man with a welding torch said just this and then they cut to an interview with his boss who said that a No Deal would mean him closing the business.

2 Likes

…for an hour

7 Likes