Winter Brexit Thread: Our DiScontent

Yeah, I see your point. The knives might come out but I seriously doubt that the likes of Johnson, Mogg etc would take it, they’d rather just spout their shite on telly… Gove might.

Probably take the John Major route.

OH GOD

SHE’S GONNA BE ON STRICTLY ISN’T SHE

ffs

14 Likes

could do without michael gove talking about glistening cherries tbqfh

1 Like

People feel really sorry for her despite her being actually quite an evil person

4 Likes

100% Gove

1 Like

This chit-chat about what will be happening next is all very interesting, but we seem to be missing the most important question of the day. What will we be watching tonight?

• BBC 1: The One Show - Matt and Alex have some light-hearted banter while Britain jumps off the cliff edge
  • BBC 2: Politics Live - Andrew Neil, Jo Cobrun, Laura Kuenssberg and all the other Beeb heavy weights will provide serious analysis for serious people.
  • ITV: Emmerdale - it is set in a fictional Yorkshire village so they probably voted leave. For no-dealers only.
  • Channel 4: News Special The Big Brexit - leave it to Jon Snow to point out the flaws in every argument. And such adventurous ties he’s wearing. If only he was prime minister
  • Channel 5 Humpback Whales of Latin America - a baby calf is so cute. No one will be watching this. No one
  • Sky News: Tonight with Dermot Murnaghan - the man is mainly known for lack of journalistic standards, insinuating remarks and poor attitude

0 voters

1 Like

10 Likes

For my sins, I have actually seen her deliver an after-dinner speech. I can confirm that she is not the after-dinner speaker type.

In fact, I’d go as far as to say that she was (unsurprisingly) absolutely awful.

6 Likes

I’m going to see Colette in the cinema, if we’re hurtling back a hundred years I want to get in the mood.

3 Likes

Oil/arms lobbyist
Something in ‘the city’ where she’s on retainer basically to dish out dirt on Johnson and gove and Co to whoever needs to blackmail them.

6 Likes

Based on her love of The Chase I reckon Channel 4 have got her signed up for Gogglebox

1 Like

you know when you totally reduce your enemy to some kind of swarming horde or flood or plague in order to dehumanise them so that your side can feel they’re attacking a threat rather than actual people ?

They’ve spent a fortune doing the opposite with May - ultrahumanising her - fields of wheat, silly dance, letters falling off the conference scenery, ad infinitum, ad nauseum

some people have actually bought it and think of her as the poor vicar’s daughter unwittingly caught in difficult circumstance - mad innit

fuck that

10 Likes

DiS warping reality again is it

https://twitter.com/patrickwintour/status/1085091924770471938?s=19

2 Likes

15 Likes

this is the best picture i will see this year

They did a whole interview which ended with John Snow saying “you know nothing, Jon Snow”, and Kit Harrington replying “you bastard”.

6 Likes

I actually emailed him a few times at the last set of votes about Brexit and he actually responded, but got nowhere with it. And looking at his Twitter it seems to have lots of people complaining about respecting his constituency’s Remain vote, but him just responding that he’s respecting the vote of the nation instead. In the speech I watched of him in parliament he even comments how he’s had lots of people contact him about a second referendum, but he is sticking to his guns. He almost seems like someone who secretly voted Leave, or just didn’t have strong opinions either way.

the difference between this picture & say Ed Milliband eating a bacon sandwich is

3 Likes

Don’t talk to me or my son ever again

16 Likes