Winter Positivity Thread

Are you guys looking forward to winter? I sure am!!! Already enjoying the drop in temperature tbh but could do with a lot more.

Pros:
- gets darker earlier so can watch more films and listen to more music in the proper conditions
- exercising gets easier
- get to wear a scarf and coat

Cons:
- can’t think of any

10 Likes

Don’t be silly please, Eric

3 Likes

this sounds quite negative

My positive thing about winter is that it means autumn is over at least

Looking forward to the lower amount of screen glare, that’s for darn sure.

2 Likes

very good point!

Peak jumper weather too. That’s always a plus.

5 Likes

People stop suggesting bullshit like going to the park, picnics, BBQs, etc.

4 Likes

‘i’m gonna stay in all weekend wrapped up in a blanket and play zelda’
‘fair enough mate that sounds like a good idea’

6 Likes

Starting to think that winter might be the best season, you know.

2 Likes

ffs

1 Like

Feeling pretty positive about spending this winter in a flat with proper insulation.

6 Likes

When do I have to start thinking about Christmas?

Downstairs neighbours will probably stop having loud barbecues that last into the early hours :+1:

2 Likes

Oh yeah, definitely this. We moved in March, the last place was single glazed and just seemed to emphasise whatever the outside temperature was. Think our new place will be 100 times better.

1 Like

Can’t think of anything.

EDIT : Cosy nights with log burning stove.
EDIT 2 : Stodgy wintery food. Pies and casseroles and shit.

2 Likes

i’m excited to see whether my flat (which is the hottest place on earth) will even drop a couple of degrees

1 Like

ooh yes

The only valid thing posted so far. :+1:

3 Likes

I used to hate it but now I like to appreciate the chance to get cosy, I also find it quite excting when its dark after work - like I’m having a night out when I’m actually just walking home. Also, jumpers.

PLUS if it rains on a tour in summer I’m like what the fuck is going on, I hate this. If it rains in winter I just accept it, and every time it doesn’t I’m really happy for the clement weather :slight_smile:

2 Likes