Wolf Alice

10/10 Dis? Seriously? Even their debut was a 6/10 at best.

1 Like

I had such high hopes after Blush and Creature songs but the first album was dull and this is only a little better.
Pity.

First album has become a sorta all time favourite for me. Always enjoy it. Not sure about this one yet

2 Likes

Yeah, the first album is a stone-cold classic as far as Iā€™m concerned. The previous singles are enjoyable too, but to me they sound kind of one-dimensional compared to what came after. Barely had a chance to listen to the new one yet, but initial impressions are good.

Debut was annoying as fuck but this new one is pretty good

Oh my Christ. Quite liked the first one and that. And this is perfectly okay. How someone can give an album with a song like ā€œbeautifully unconventialā€ on it 10 out of 10ā€¦ and then say itā€™s better than Nirvanaā€¦ wow.

ā€˜Formidable coolā€™ is compared to the Stone Roses too!?
So in one review Wolf Alice are mentioned alongside The Stone Roses AND Nirvana. In 2015 their debut album was in my top 10 of the year. But as good as this album is itā€™s not as good as their debut and not worthy of 10/10 how can it be when it has a song called yuk foo on it. I mean really??!
For me 10/10 means an absolute barnstormer of an album with every song, every hook, every lyric being amazing. Going by my standards I could count roughly 3-4 such Albums in the last 10 years.

2 Likes

It has some great ideas and at least 2 or 3 amazing songs but iā€™m finding it hard to love. Itā€™s admirable; the genre hopping etcā€¦ but thereā€™s a good 4-5 song run where it kinda meanders and nothing sticks out and you forget which track is which.

2 Likes

Agreed with all the not so positive comments but Donā€™t Delete The Kisses is still just gorgeous

Despite the awful title I think Yuk Foo is the best thing on the album by a mile

To be fair I thought that about the second half at first but its grown on me after a few listens and thereā€™s some lovely production on tracks like Sadboy, Iā€™m still not a fan of Beautifully Unconventional though.

2 Likes

mmhm yeah more listens needed. Space And Time will be an indie dancefloor stomper in the future.

I like the song that mae me want to listen to The Devil Walks In The Sand

i like this better than the lp mix

2 Likes
3 Likes

back back! back?

5 Likes

Ohh yes please, Visions of a Life really grew on me in the end. Love the title song especially.

1 Like

Yeah it grew on me too iā€™m super hopeful for this one.

I hope so. The first album is still utterly stellar and Visions of a Life was a real grower. Great stuff :slight_smile:

2 Likes