Wolf Parade

‘tightly wound’ = low quality?

You know this thing where everyone has a favourite out of the two main guys?

I literally cannot tell the difference between them, and I listen to Wolf Parade a lot.

1 Like

Are you trying to say ‘Modern World’ isn’t a good song, buddy?

I know that the first album is the best. That’s obvious. But ‘What Did My Lover Say?’ is easily their best tune, isn’t it?

I love all three of the original albums. Probably lean a bit more towards Krug on the strength of Dragonslayer, but I’ve struggled getting into the rest of their non Wolf Parade stuff. (Admittedly every time I try I’m pretty distracted, so I should probably try again.)

Best song on each one:

Dinner Bells
Kissing the Beehive
Cave-O-Sapien

Nah!

Sure it was a bit more lo-fi, but it was more tense and urgent too

1 Like

As far as Wolf Parade goes…I’d say I like the input of Krug and Boeckner equally.

But Krug has done a lot more interesting stuff outside of this…which is why I think he’s superior.

Also, I think you’re humble bragging a bit

This where we agree. AMZ is incredibly flat

I also struggle to distinguish them in WP records. And even knowing who wrote* which track my faves split evenly between them

I just like Broekner’s non-WP stuff much more.

*thing is, we all assume that sings = wrote. But going from memory, besides AMZ, song writing credits are given to the band, not to either of the two main guys.

Baby Blue is the best thing any of them have put their name to in years

Hmm…nah. I think it’s probably more of a 6, which is a huge shame. Although I agree that Baby Blue and Weaponized are great. The rest just seems very homogenous and nowhere near fun enough…much in the same vein as last year’s EP, really

Well, I disagree :wink:

2 Likes

Ah man, forgot to check if you’d written it! Should I be surprised given our disagreement on EXPO 86 above :wink: In fairness, I love WP and will keep going with this to see if I can warm to it.

It’s fine, everyone is entitled to their opinion! :slightly_smiling_face: I think it’s worth sticking with, obviously

I should say I don’t dislike Expo 86, I just think it’s their least good and never go back to it

Maybe it’s a case of the context in which we’ve listened to it…because I return to it as much as, if not more than, Apologies. I could name a section of almost every song which gets my heart racing.

Interesting! Yeah you might be right. Perhaps I should try again with it

Enjoying a good few tracks already on this new one. Looking forward to absolutely rinsing it. Could listen to that end section of Baby Blue for days.

2 Likes

Artificial Life is my fave, though I expect I’ll be alone in that. Still don’t think much of Lazarus Online — nor Files on the Sun and Am I an Alien Here, for that matter. But otherwise it’s pretty solid. I’d give it a 7, maybe 7.5.

1 Like