Wolf Parade

3 Likes

2 Likes

i saw Handsome Furs once, didn’t know much about them in advance but won a pair of tickets in the venue’s weekly pub quiz. decent show.

i’ve never seen Wolf Parade, i should listen to them more really

1 Like

saw spencer krug solo set (think he’s retired moonface) a few weeks ago, was great.
didn’t expect him to play any sunset rubdown stuff, got the chills when he did us ones in between

2 Likes

anyone into the new Operators record? didn’t know it existed but listening now, sounds good

1 Like

Yes, it’s excellent. The quality of output between WP and their various side projects is frankly ridiculously high. Top lads.

1 Like

Saw Handsome Furs twice, they were absolutely super both times. The two of them had such chemistry onstage together, and also by the end a great set of bangers to play through. The second and third LPs are still some of my favs.

2 Likes

This kind of quote belongs on gig posters IMHO.
:smile:

Glad to see smoe love for Handsome Furs & Operators. Often feels like Krug’s rated much more than Boeckner.

Divine Fits are also great.

3 Likes

Really like this one.

Feel like I’m in an 80s computer game.

New singles feel slightly better/more interesting than the last couple of records to my ears. Do miss the tension and release of the first album though. Have always assumed that Isaac Brock must have had something to do with that, because while I enjoy a fair amount of both singers’ output, nothing else they do really sounds like the debut.

1 Like

Agreed. Brock was obviously the catalyst.

Maybe they do. Can imagine him being difficult to work with. That said, he definitely got the most out of them, as a band at least. They haven’t come close to that record, and I’m not sure the songwriting itself is what’s taken such a dip.

1 Like

The EPs are good, but I love how tightly wound that album is.

2 Likes
1 Like

Do like this one. Could be their best album since Zoomer at this rate.

This album is a lot of fun, I’m enjoying it a good deal more than Cry Cry Cry. Not as knotty or weird as Krug can be, but this is Boeckner on good form.

2 Likes

Really like it.
Don’t think they’ll top Apologies… but too many people quick to stick the boot in due to that.
Really looking forward to seeing them play. Haven’t seen them since the Expo 86 tour.

2 Likes

Really agree with this. Dan’s been on a great run of late considering that excellent Operators album from last year.
9/10 for his half
7/10 for Spence

1 Like