Women's clothing

I just wear leggings and dresses made on jersey cotton. Total comfort for me.

generally have no problems with this myself, but used to get nasty red marks on my waist from wearing work trousers that were too small for me, and rather than get ones that actually fit I’d persist with them and just ruin my waist. used to get kitchen roll and use that as extra padding rather than just get clothes that fit, which seemed silly at the time and hasn’t improved in retrospect.

resolved the issue by a) accepting that I do not have the same size waist that I used to and b) not wearing work trousers for a long time.

I can’t imagine how frustrating it must be to have to find clothes that are comfortable and aesthetically pleasing in a world with loves to compromise on either one or the other, and is very heavy on judgement. Think men generally have it very, very easy tbh

2 Likes

This is terribly worded but I hope it makes sense?

When I make an effort to look good and want to feel good about myself it’s usually in androgynous mix of ‘male’ and ‘female’ clothing or in full drag. Weirdly I’ve always felt like the discomfort or inconvenience is like a price I pay for looking good and feel oddly proud of myself for having endured it.

But still the most uncomfortable and damaging piece of clothing I’ve ever worn is a pair of those Vans trainers everybody wore in the early 2010s, fucking sliced the shit out of my heel and horrible to walk in.

There is a store (possibly Uniqlo) that offers free alterations with all trouser/jean purchases so if your problem is that jeans that fit your waist tend to be way too long you could get them cut down to suit your leg length?

Yeah, I saw that once, however, the thing with that is, you have to try them on when the legs are like a foot longer than I am and then it’s impossible to see whether they are trousers you actually want to own or not.

Fucking hate clothes and clothes shopping, the absolute pits.

1 Like

Ah yeah, that must be difficult

Also the knees will be in the wrong spot- trousers aren’t just two straight up and down tubes, they have some shaping to them

1 Like

so much this

1 Like

I wish they were though because that is a description I am very pleased to have read and now have in my mind.

i thankfully have a uniform.

used to be leggings and jersey dresses / tunics, but i’ve done a sort of u-turn and now live in dungrees and t-shirts. absolutely cannot be bothered with more “fashion” than that.

obviously i’m in lyrca about 80% of the time i’m awake which is insanely comfy thank fuck

I’m also tall but the only clothing I find difficult to buy is trousers other than jeans. Every pair of trousers I try on is wrong in some different way - too short, too small on the waist, too tight on the waist, too tight on the thighs, riding up my arse, too wide on the hips… It’s never rectified by going up or down a size because then I just get a different problem so I have concluded that women’s trousers are for other women and I’ll just wear skirts or jeans.

Or I end up doing the thing of finding one pair of trousers I actually like that fits, and then buying multiple pairs and hanging onto them for years in desperation

Yup, right now I have two pairs of Cos trousers for work for that very reason. They’re still not quite right though…

I think I might have a very short body, always find the waist a lot of dressed are very looow.

Also so sick of dresses having no waistline in general. Gimme a waistline! I have hips! Without a waistline I end up looking like I’m wearing a sack. I just think it’s lazy dressmaking sometimes, it’s easier the less tailored they are I guess…

ALSO, clothes that are one size fits all or meant to be a really flowy large fit… I get a bit confused what size I should be wearing.

I hate how jeans somehow manage to cut in at the front of the waistband while also gaping at the back. How is that even possible??

Everything I wear is reasonably comfortable, though as a tall man I could do with an extra inch or so on the average t-shirt/shirt, plus most jeans etc only come to a 34" leg. Relatively speaking though, it’s fairly easy to find clothes that fit.

I had a little rant about this in the ask women anything thread earlier.

I am not the same height or proportions as an average man. There are definitely garments that could work as unisex - for example, skirt styles that only need to be close fitting around the waist. However when you see something labelled as unisex it’s never a fucking skirt, is it. It’s a pair of jeans that I wouldn’t be able to walk in or a top that would look like a tent on me while also somehow squashing my (not even particularly large) tits.

I don’t understand why I have it so easy with clothes, despite my height. I’m like a medium in almost everything, and seemingly 32L in jeans. Do all my clothes just fit really badly and I haven’t noticed?