Bloody good, innit? Loads more games on BBCi now as well.
City have brought a few forwards in this summer - Caroline Weir from Liverpool (who’s just scored an absolute blooter on the telly), Lauren Hemp from Bristol City, Tessa Wullaert from Wolfsburg, and Janine Beckie from…America, but Nikita Parris is doing the business.
The signings last summer didn’t really work out that well. Pauline Bremer broke a leg early, and Nadia Nadim struggled to settle. They found it hard replacing Duggan and Bronze as well, and now Izzy Christiansen’s followed Bronze to Lyon. Jane Ross has gone to West Ham.
They’ve had quite a good start, though, but were knocked out of Europe in the first round which was a bit of a shock as them and Chelsea had been the best of the rest recently.
- The summer league reformation was a bit of a clusterfuck, with West Ham being fast-tracked two tiers (buying their way in, like City did)
- Eni Aluko went to Juventus.
- Fifty yard OG
- Champions Chelsea have lost a few players
- Chris Kirkland’s the Liverpool manager, replacing Neil Redfearn who walked after a few weeks and a huge turnover of players
- Hope Powell’s Brighton are now in the top flight
- Man United finally bit the bullet and reformed their team (second division).