Wordle

Wordle 328 4/6

:white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:yellow_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::yellow_square:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:

Wordle 328 4/6*

:white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square:
:yellow_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::green_square::white_large_square::green_square::yellow_square:

Orate, sting, midst, tipsy

Wordle 328 3/6

:yellow_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::green_square::green_square:

Summary

SYNTH
GUTSY
TIPSY

squareword.org 102: 7 guesses

:green_square::yellow_square::green_square::yellow_square::yellow_square:
:yellow_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::green_square:

<6::green_square: <11::yellow_square: <16::orange_square: more::red_square:
#squareword #squareword102

You kind of spoiled it for me as I was on the lookout for column one and guessed what surprised you quite early. For me what was strange was working the grid out at guess three only to discover that row one was a completely different word to the one I assumed stamp

1 Like

Wordle 328 3/6

:green_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:green_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square:

Getting better at 3s, could do with a few more 2s. But I’ve finally got more 2/3s than 5/6s. Still just that one failure (favor…)

Summary

TRICK
TULIP
TIPSY

Wordle 328 4/6

:white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square:
:yellow_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::green_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::green_square:

Summary

AUDIO
SPIRE
WISPY
TIPSY

Personally I think a yardstick of doing well would be:

Same number of 1s+2s as 6s+fails (because these are all down to good or bad luck). 3s and 4s by far the biggest single groups. More 3s than 4s.

I’m currently on 0, 7, 48, 45, 18, 8 plus three fails.

1 Like

yeah that sounds about right, although I’ve only had the one fail, possibly because I’ve tended not to play on hard mode. I have started to do that more recently though (despite my previous reservations about that!) because I’m trying harder to solve it in 3 or less, and you can’t do that unless you put the letters down you’ve already got from goes 1 and 2.

I’m also, I think, playing catchup stats-wise. I’ve definitely getting better. I’d be interested to see my stats from the last month vs all time.

I’m sympathetic a bit to people saying hard mode is “easy” because it stops you making some mistakes. But if you hit two or three greens at guess two when there are lots of potential answers left you’re basically screwed.

2 Likes

My 130 streak stats are currently 0, 9, 32, 54, 28, 5.

Feel like 4ers is my base level/benchmark that I’m content but not pleased with, and I want 2ers (pretty much pure luck) + 3ers (defo needs some luck, but can be done with some skill) to be > 5ers (some poor luck and/or some poor guesses) + 6ers (pretty much certain to be human error, I think). So it’s pretty finely balanced in terms of whether I’m doing well by my own expectations, which is probably the thing that’s keeping me playing.

I tend to play in the spirit of hard mode, only really tempted to deviate from that when I’ve had say four guesses and there’s a multi-answer trap situation.

Good name for an album that.

1 Like

Wordle 329 3/6

:black_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::yellow_square:
:yellow_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::black_large_square:

Head in the game. 2nd guess was taped

And yes:
squareword.org 103: 6 guesses

:green_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::green_square:

<6::green_square: <11::yellow_square: <16::orange_square: more::red_square:
#squareword #squareword103

Finally a 6, thanks to working out how to get two with the single 3rd guess.

2 Likes

Wordle 329 4/6

:white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::yellow_square:
:yellow_square::green_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:

Summary

Orbit
Teals
Petal
Metal

Wordle 329 5/6

:yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::yellow_square:
:white_large_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::green_square::yellow_square:
:white_large_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:

Summary

AUDIO
STARE
CHEAT
PETAL
METAL

Wordle 329 2/6

:white_large_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::green_square::yellow_square:

DREAM
METAL

Think I’ve invented a new music genre

4 Likes

Wordle 329 3/6

:white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::yellow_square:
:white_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::green_square::green_square:

☠️☮️🤘

CRYPT
PETAL
METAL

2 Likes

Wordle 329 3/6

:white_large_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::yellow_square:
:green_square::green_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::yellow_square:

Second streak moves to 64 equal with my first run.

Wordle 329 3/6

:white_large_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::green_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::green_square::white_large_square::green_square::green_square:

Summary

Shear
Penal
Metal

Wordle 329 3/6*

:black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::black_large_square:
:black_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::green_square::yellow_square:

Fried
Steam
Metal

Wordle 329 3/6*

:white_large_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::yellow_square:
:yellow_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::white_large_square:

Orate, tamed, metal

Unexceptional 3