Wordle

Sadly my stereo is a Kanto not a Teac

Wordle 537 4/6

:white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square:
:yellow_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::yellow_square:
:green_square::green_square::white_large_square::green_square::green_square:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:

Liked this one

Wordle 537 5/6

:white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::yellow_square:
:yellow_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::green_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::yellow_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:

Summary

PSYCH
TABLE
FRIED
RIFER
INFER

Thinking of guess 2 took a little while but thankfully it was a really good one

Wordle 537 3/6

:black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square:
:black_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::green_square::green_square:

Getting frustrated with all these 8s I’m pulling in. I think today’s was definitely avoidable.
squareword.org 311: 8 guesses

:yellow_square::green_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::yellow_square:
:yellow_square::yellow_square::green_square::yellow_square::green_square:
:yellow_square::green_square::yellow_square::green_square::yellow_square:

<6::green_square: <11::yellow_square: <16::orange_square: 16+::red_square:
#squareword #squareword311

Not sure either of the last two have any bearing on current events. Overall I think the occasional word with specific tenuous connections doesn’t make a good case.

What the hell?

EDIT: oh, as in more rife?

1 Like

:grinning: I suppose. Somehow RIVER didn’t get a go.

Elsewhere, 3 :star: :waffle:. Would’ve been better if I hadn’t misplaced the L tile with butterfingers.

Surprised this is still up for debate to be honest. The ratio of topical/non topical answers appears to be about 1 in 7 since the editor took charge. Will see if that pattern continues and if at some point it reaches a level where it’s too prevalent to be considered tenuous/coincidental/psychological reinforcement factors at play.

But what’s your analysis pre-editor of topical vs not? Especially given how tenuous your link for Amber was.

No analysis, so far it’s entirely based on anecdotal evidence.

• during the first ~10 months of playing Wordle I saw no connection between the answers and the day in question
  • an editor is hired in early November which i was unaware of until very recently. I think it’s a reasonable assumption to make that the hiring of an editor means some level of additional curation is in place as a result
  • I, along with others, start noticing on rare occasions there is a (tenuous) connection between the answer and the day

I’m a fully aware of the Baader–Meinhof phenomenon and similar psychological reinforcement factors but I don’t think that’s what’s happening here.

Time will tell, or maybe it won’t if they do what I believe would be a u-turn and revert to how things were pre-November (colinflith has confirmed something has changed to the list in recent weeks).

1 Like

Annoying moment where I thought I had a two!

Wordle 538 3/6

:black_large_square::black_large_square::green_square::yellow_square::black_large_square:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::black_large_square:

squareword.org 312: 7 guesses

:green_square::yellow_square::green_square::yellow_square::yellow_square:
:yellow_square::green_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::yellow_square:

<6::green_square: <11::yellow_square: <16::orange_square: 16+::red_square:
#squareword #squareword312

Wordle 538 6/6

:white_large_square::white_large_square::green_square::yellow_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::green_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:yellow_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square::green_square:

I messed up. Didn’t realise that I had the “i” in play

1 Like

Glad you noticed before it was too late!

1 Like

Wordle 538 4/6

:yellow_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square:

Summary

Raise
Train
Frail
Braid

Wordle 538 5/6

:white_large_square::green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:yellow_square::green_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square::green_square:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square::green_square:

Summary

CRYPT
DREAM
FRAUD
BRAND
BRAID

3 :star: :waffle:

Wordle 538 4/6*

:black_large_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:yellow_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:black_large_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::green_square::green_square:

Wordle 539 4/6

:white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::green_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::green_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::white_large_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:

Summary

PSYCH
TRICE
FLOCK
KNOCK

:fu: to yellows.

1 Like

5 :star: :waffle:

Wordle 539 4/6

:white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square:
:yellow_square::white_large_square::green_square::white_large_square::yellow_square:

Summary

Raise
Mount
Clown
Knock