Words you deliberately mispronounce

Turk-wise
Oranga-tang

2 Likes

Skissors
Destructions instead of instructions because I am bad at doing things (this is very funny)

Don’t tell me how to pronounce your name, you uppetty yoghurt prick. I’m calling you Fadge Total and there’s nothing you can do about it.

10 Likes

Canadia is the country where Canadians live.

5 Likes

Like to use the Wu pronunciation of Swords but don’t get much opportunity tbh.

Big fan of Too Much Tuna for the incorrect emphasis & general mispronunciation.

1 Like

My Indian partner says “Comfor-TAY-ble.”

I prefer it, so I use it instead.

“Hostipal” (via Pt. S. Baldrick)

“Hungy” (via Homer Simpson)

Plus whenever I’m watching Mr. Trump play snooker I can’t help but call him “Jududududududududd”

my mother had never heard of fajitas until recently and her first attempt at pronouncing it was “fa-hit-sa”

1 Like

Edit: oh ffs

Foreign - for-eye-gun, for-eye-gun-ers, etc.
Trampompoline

Also got a thing going with my son where I pretend that his favourite Sheffield United player is Juan Antonio Doordéals, it being written on the back of his shirt, but for some reason he never makes the team.

“where bounce”, as in “where bounce u livin hun”

2 Likes

Pardon as pard one. Should go in the things you do to annoy your partner thread that, she hates it.

Very much this

“Wubble-you”

This has reminded me.

A few years ago I lived out in the sticks and got my food shopping delivered. Once, the driver knocked on the door and apologised that some of my items were out of stock.

“We didn’t have any man get out, so we’ve substituted with sugar snaps”

I now exclusively call mange tout “man get out”.

2 Likes

Don’t do this myself but I enjoy it when I hear someone say sub-SEE-quent instead of SUB-sequent. Might try it one day.

this is a good one

My mum likes to mispronounce certain words and say it’s cos she’s foreign. Her favourites are saying “bitch” instead of “beach” and calling shells “cunts” because in Spanish it’s “concha”.

29 years she’s lived in this country.

7 Likes

might start referring to threads as sub-threads