Work Christmas Party Starters Thread

Our options are:

• Loch Fyne smoked salmon roulade with herring caviar, citrus vinaigrette and toasted sourdough

• Jerusalem artichoke veloute with chestnuts

Please don’t discuss the inferior courses, such as mains or desserts, in this thread.

The artichoke for sure

8 Likes

The salmon for sure

7 Likes

I would order the salmon but I would prefer a third option

Mac and Cheese

2 Likes

That’s a main meal

Neither

1 Like

Prawn cocktail please

Apologies, I may not have been clear - you’re supposed to be posting the options put to you for your night out (if applicable)

dunno where we’re going yet

• Pork, Apricot & Pistachio Terrine with Sourdough & Cranberry Sauce
  • Smoked Duck Salad with Beetroot, Chicory & Pomegranate Seeds
  • Sage & Butternut Squash Soup with Apple, Bacon & Cranberry Topping
  • Baked Goat’s Cheese with Hazelnut Crust, Red Chicory & Balsamic Onions (v)

0 voters

All a bit posh for my liking. Where is the pate and toast, with added peanut butter?

1 Like

ooh look at you pricks with your sit down meals

1 Like

I ate a lot of jerusalem artichokes last year after never eating them before and they made me so ill with really bad trapped wind.

Never again. I’ll take the salmon.

I don’t like soup for a starter.

I do, so imagine my disappointment at the ingredient “bacon”.

We’re going to Dishoom.

I say we but really I’ve invited myself onto another teams xmas lunch because I am a team of one.

2 Likes

Haven’t had a work Christmas meal in years but being taken out for one this year by a supplier. Going Salmon - Turkey - Sticky Toffee Pudding and I’m VERY happy with that.

You could be a difficult one and ask them to replace the bacon with balsamic onions. But I’d also imagine this means they’ve used some kind of chicken stock so just get the cheese ffs stop asking the waitress questions she didn’t make the soup

2 Likes