You could be a difficult one and ask them to replace the bacon with balsamic onions. But I’d also imagine this means they’ve used some kind of chicken stock so just get the cheese ffs stop asking the waitress questions she didn’t make the soup
The Dishoom Christmas set ‘feast’ thing is truly remarkable.
Beetroot, Dill and Gin-Cured Salmon, Herb Crème Fraiche, Brown Bread (NF)
Not sure how it’s gonna work tbh because I am the only vegan or vegetarian so I don’t know if it works on the basis of everyone having the same thing? Can’t be tho.
Also had to have a little pop at the poor young new boy who organised it cause he booked it for 7pm?? WTF man its a LUNCH so now its 3pm…which isn’t ideal but i’ll take it/go for drinks beforehand
We had to pre-order. Cheese it is.
Going to have zero Christmas parties to go to this year, bit sad about that.
Jesus - he’s learned a very serious lesson here.
- Caramelised Cauliflower Veloute, Truffle and Caramelised Florets
- Beetroot and Local Gin Cured Salmon, Pickled Beetroots and Horseradish Creme Fraiche
- Confit Chicken Leg Terrine , Brioche Loaf, Hazelnut Salad
Let’s see if the forum’s choices match mine…
this is so so
My choices are Jerusalem artichoke veloute with herring caviar, citrus vinaigrette and toasted sourdough
or Loch Fyne smoked salmon roulade with chestnuts
We’re going somewhere new this year, a newbie is organising it and they’ve chosen some gastropub with a ‘feasting’ menu where no one gets to choose what they eat. Dont really understand how it works, but we’re all having smoked salmon, beetroot and horseradish to start and everyone is furious about it.
we’re just going to a pub relieved tbh as i’m so fussy
There’s another Christmas Work Dinner I’ll be attending. No surprise what’s in the veggie starter …
- Pan-fried scallops, butternut squash purée cucumber spaghetti & pomegranate
- Pan-fried duck foie gras, pear & vanilla compote, toasted brioche
- Beetroot carpaccio, goat’s cheese & crushed hazelnut salad
- CREAM OF BUTTERNUT SQUASH – herb crème fraiche, crouton (v)
- POACHED SALMON – cucumber salad, vinaigrette
- POACHED SALMON – (GF)
We’re having a buffet ffs for £20 or something
- Pork, apple, calvados pate
- Smoked salmon and king prawn terrine
- Parsnip and smoked chilli chipotle soup with vegetable crisps
- Heirloom tomatoes, white beans, avocado, mint and rose pickled onions, fried capers, basil yoghurt, sumac
- Hot smoked salmon, new potatoes, snow peas, granny smith, tarragon, watercress
- Buttermilk fried chicken, siriracha
I love the girl who’s organised ours. We’re just having booze.
Missing mine this year