Work irks part 2 (rolling)

My old office kept throwing out towels left to dry in the shower on a regular basis. Think I went through 4 in a year; they’d usually give about 2 days warning, so if you were away or something, you were stuffed.

1 Like

That’s annoying. They kept doing that with shower gel.

They also do that with reusable coffee cups :laughing: only the starbucks ones that look like normal starbucks cups. I went through 3 before being like fuck this shit

i’d like to hear more about the dogs in waistcoats please

3 Likes

And now look at you. Stuck with a leaking £25 reusable mug instead.

I always took my shower gel out of the shower, because someone else would always use it up if I left it there.

1 Like

I know
and I complained but I have to wait days cause they’re an australian company and it’s fucking anzac day or something THANKS THEO

3 Likes

I’m only yanking your chain.

I keep my shoes underneath my desk. I’d use it to store my cycling kit during the work day.

There should be enough lockers for everyone that wants one and a process for allocation when people leave etc.

Well that would be far too sensible for this workplace now wouldn’t it.

Instead there are people who maybe run every so often that have a locker.

Sorry :running_man:

Expenses update.

Finance woman has sent a really passive aggressive email back with lots of stuff like ‘apologies for this bureaucratic inconvenience’.

Despite me asking her in my last email why she had copied the wrong person in, she has added them back into the chain again. I’ve responded with an email linking her to the work profile of this person, which shows she has absolutely nothing to do with finance or my trial.

We’ve reached meowington levels of beeves here.

11 Likes

Concur has emailed my boss eight times in the last week about my unclaimed Itsu expense. Eight times.

She’s currently out of the country, but I’m expecting a full bollocking when she gets back.

1 Like

I missed the itsu story. Can you fill me in pls?

I would definitely say “please can you refrain from sharing my personal financial information with unauthorized individuals in future” even if it all gets resolved :smiley:

1 Like

definite official complaint time.

fuck her.

The sniffing continues at high volume again today. Do you think I should have a word with his manger? It’s unbearable for me to have to hear the sniff of snot every 2 seconds for 8 hours.

I have a £9.60 unclaimed expense from Stansted Itsu in October. I lost the receipt. I don’t care, it’s £9.60, and frankly I’ve lost waaay more receipts than that over the past few years.

But Concur has been sending two automated emails a day to my big boss about overdue unclaimed expenses on my account. I don’t want the money any more. But there’s no option to delete them.

I’ve been slightly bollocked over it once already, but thought I’d be smart and create a “DON’T REIMBURSE THESE” expense report that I’d chuck all this bollocks into and never submit. This has not worked.

The Itsu expense is now my nemesis. It’s giving me stress dreams.

Oh! Is this on like a work card or something?

Did you get the gyoza?

Yeah, so we have a work card that’s linked to our personal account, so if you don’t do your expenses on time you end up personally out of pocket. I guess it’s meant to incentivise you to do you expenses ASAP, but they underestimated my hatred of Concur. I let about £7k accrue over several years.

So, ultimately, the company isn’t out of pocket here. I am. I don’t care. I just want the emails to my big boss to stop.

Pulled pork teriyaki rice bowl, I think.

Two things:

• they should have sent you an e-mail about it.
  • how did they know that it wasn’t being used over the winter?

Having people speak over me is one that really grates enormously. Quite a few folk do it here and I either end up literally shouting NO! at them as they lead themselves down a dark cul-de-sac or making a big thing of rolling my eyes and sighing very loudly before correcting them.

Just be patient, wait all of 10 seconds and then you can have your say.