Work irks part 2 (rolling)

SERVICE PROVIDERS WHO: don’t include the internal reference you’ve asked them to on correspondence.

I’ve started increasing the font size of the bold reference at the top of my replies by two points for each email where they’ve missed off the reference.

2 Likes

Colleague on the other side of the room has the most astoundingly loud telephone voice

As in, when she’s on the phone. She doesnt talk like a phone. That’d be ridiculous.

1 Like

BTW for those interested full roast eater just had a roast bird with a salad (summer).

4 Likes

I’ve just got back from a week’s holiday, where I did a full afternoon of unpaid work because no one else can do what needed to be done, to be greeted with a complaint about something that was nothing to do with me.

No ‘welcome back’, ‘how was your holiday’, or ‘sorry you had to work on Friday, thanks for picking that up’. Just straight into the shit.

2 Likes

I know what your saying but pooing on company time has its merits. Your being paid for one and using there resources.

12 Likes

From Spencers?

get this all the time. we don’t have managers here, despite what they call themselves. we have people who are paid more than us to ensure that particular boxes are checked off. anything to do with actual leadership and people management is way beyond their ken.

3 Likes

my gaffer is one of those people who fills his sentences with so much business speak you feel both irritated and patronised.

“realistically at this moment in time to be perfectly honest at the end of the day to outcome and action this agenda item…”

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK OFF

2 Likes

Sent a lot of information to someone. They want me to present precisely the same information but in a different format, urgently

told them to do one and if they are in a ruse they may do it themselves

that’s was a terrifying scroll-down as I’m sat here in open plan

1 Like

Currently got 17 unlistened to voicemails. Was in meetings Friday and this morning so couldn’t answer my phone.
Absolutely ridiculous number, gonna just delete them all

1 Like

Very deceptive.

2 Likes

Exactly, just send me an email that i can ignore too

2 Likes

Someone has said something to your CEO about productivity and long breaks. My office doesn’t have urinals and I almost always treat myself to a sit down pee (don’t @ me) and long old scroll through Instagram.

4 Likes

fuck!

*rush

1 Like

Working in an office is convincing other people to help you when they either have neither inclination nor reason to

it’s exhausting at times

2 Likes

Not in my office. People are pretty good at helping when asked here. It’s part of the expectations of the job, really.

That reminds me, Stuart from service delivery promised he’d complete a simple table (15 mins work) for me by last Wednesday. Didn’t hear a peep from him. Frustrating