Work irks part 2 (rolling)

I do this. Mainly because I’m Very Important.

(Worried about leaving them at work when I go home).

a guy I used to work for did this except one day I really inspected his keys and it was just one key, a novelty dolphin shaped bottle opener, a whistle, and a detractable pen on a keyring. he took himself very seriously so I couldn’t even poke fun at any of the things. was very jangly though

2 Likes

I used to be a key holder at my old job and had about ten keys for various doors and safes. Would absolutely never walk around with them jangling free though, that is just obnoxious.

1 Like

A one hour meeting from 12 - 1 then a half hour meeting from 1.30 - 2? Didn’t want a lunch hour anyway :frowning:

I hate it when people who start at 9 book meetings for 4.30 or whatever - I’m in by 7.20 you wankstain!

The marketing lady keeps retweeting articles from the DM despite my many, many protestations.

I had the opposite - my old job was 11-7, but had to deal with people calling 9am meetings. In the end, I just blocked out my calendar from 9-11.

I would call you to a 7.20 meeting.

You’d get a decline

Meetings, generally. All us twats sit in the same room. We don’t need to stop work, sit in another room for an hour and discuss how much work we’ve got to do, then go back to catching up on an hour of missed work.

3 Likes

Someone stole my chair while I was in the bathroom to sit with a colleague. They didn’t return it when i got back. There’s 3 empty desks with chairs next to them literally surrounding my one desk with a turned on computer and stuff on it. I liked my chair. I miss my chair.

Is my fury justified?

• Yes
  • FUCK YES
  • No

0 voters

You have been disrespected, Chegg. Time for vengeance.

You’ll be pleased to know I Kicked The Fuck Off

1 Like

I hope you degassed the chair, holding up the bird at their eye level when the chair hit its lowest. Swift knee to the chin and then tip the fucker out. Free wheelin’ back to your desk.

My chair is something of an office institution. After a couple of years here we were about to move to the building next door. I went round early and took a look, and noticed that all the chairs looked shit. Particularly I don’t like office chairs with arms, even adjustable ones. Three days into the new office my back gave in and I was flat out for a week, during which time I convinced my boss to get maintenance to saw the arms off my new chair.

I have now moved office four more times since then, bringing the chair with me each time, except the last one when an absolute star in our admin department arranged for it to get hoicked from Westminster to North Greenwich.

The chair is an absolute disgrace. The upholstery is worn away all over the place, the stuffing has been leaking out for years. It’s a kind of funny colour in places.

Nobody ever tries to steal my chair.

1 Like

6 Likes

was once in a 3hr meeting about the colour of a button

7 Likes

What colour did you end up picking?

On the subject of inconsiderate meetings, my place is the kind of place where the management fill their days from top to bottom with pointless meetings. I count myself unlucky if I have one meeting a week. But what this means is that if they ever decide they have to have a meeting with the non-meetingy people then they invariably stick it in the most easily available slot: lunchtime.

So I just don’t go to meetings between 12 and 2, however important they apparently are.

That’s going to be a button on a webpage isn’t it? The kind of meeting where you also argue about the pixel width of the button to the exact number of pixels.