Work irks part 2 (rolling)

You sent a reminder on Thursday, right? A lot of people won’t do anything until they’ve had at least one reminder and if you don’t remind them regularly they’ll assume it’s not important.

Urgh the people who wait and you can hear them outside. Just fuck off. Our building is arranged in a square with a big hole (or open atrium) in the middle. There’s toilets on each side of the square, just keep walking round till you find an empty one, don’t stand outside mine!

1 Like

spoke to the guy in person, man-to-man

1 Like

I do but also IT AINT GOOD AIRFRESHENER. Everyone knows you need fresh air and ventilation to get rid of the smell of shit. Cheap air freshener they buy in bulk isn’t going to stop it smelling of shit.

It’s just the mortifying walk out of the loo to find someone standing there when you KNOW they have heard you spray half a can of airfreshener in there and they haven’t scarpered to another floor to go to the toilet?!?! WHATS WRONG WITH PEOPLE

2 Likes

Just wait it out on the can till they get bored of waiting and do one.

update: will definitely be done by tomorrow lunchtime. Expressed my dissatisfaction and he looked at his calendar to see if he can move things about to get it done sooner. Told him not to bother, but I’d have his guts for garters if it wasn’t done by tomorrow lunchtime

YES!!! Exactly. There are 3 toilets on the floor up or down one. Just go somewhere else. Trust me you don’t wanna go in there, i’ve had falafel.

5 Likes

More likely your manager can’t be arsed and is trying to get out of it.

I have tried that too! But these people are tenacious.

1 Like

Worked here more than three years (never planned a train myself), really don’t understand the mechanics or thought process behind the scheduling.

Sure but it’s literally four lines man, four lines it’ll take about 5 minutes tops.

They should leave a box of matches in there instead!

1 Like

seems like nobody does ho ho ho

1 Like

Caller: Hi, can I speak to * person who isn’t in *?
Me: I’m sorry, they’re not in the office today, can I take a message or help you with something?
Caller: But I really need to speak to them.
Me (inner monologue): Oh hold on, they have just appeared via the modern miracle of teleportation, I’ll just transfer you.

5 Likes

A chef’s candle.

My desktop PC died so I worked from home because my only alternative was a laptop at home (no docking station in the office).

Despite repeated reminders, IT never fixed it even though we had a cupboard full of PCs from people who had been made redundant. It was probably an easy fix but in six months they did nothing.

It’s one of the (many) reasons I don’t work for the company any more. If you can’t even provide functioning computers or prioritise fixing/replacing them when they go wrong, you are not a company worth working for. At one of the other sites they employed new staff who literally sat there doing nothing for months as a result of not having any IT equipment because they couldn’t decide whose budget it should come out of.

This is at one of the largest companies in the world in their field.

Do you get the flashing red light enticing you with voicemails you cannot access?

1 Like

TBF, those Scottish engines have minds of their own.

2 Likes

One of the few very enjoyable moments at my old job was seeing the look on my cutthroat, highly ambitious boss’s face when she was told that the Chairman had left her several voicemail messages and was wondering why she hadn’t replied.

1 Like

All of that would ruin the whole experience, terrible!