Work irks part 2 (rolling)

Both, thank god.

3 Likes

Yeah I find that those questions are fine or fun if you like the person and painfully irritating otherwise.

Basically like everything in life then

2 Likes

It’s not even specific people, it’s just being around people in general. I find it bizarre. I don’t spend this much time with my family or friends but I have to be shoved into this office to sit in a temperature that makes me feel uncomfortable, under lighting that’s too bright, whilst everyone is just chatting shit or asking me stupid irrelevant questions. I struggle to muster up small talk at the best of times!

i actually really like my job itself and the work and who I interact with on a work basis but I don’t really work with that many people in my office cause my whole team is in the US.

3 Likes

I get by in this situation by making comments that are insulting to everyone but which they take as joking around.

some contractor bellend on his mobile currently moaning to Audi about the terrible quality of his in car mobile phone connection. No one fucking cares mate.

1 Like

Boring HR question alert:

If you work a 9-5, Mon-Fri (never weekends) and you leave a job on a Friday, am i right in thinking for pay purposes the final day is actually the Sunday? I ask as the HR dept have asked me to return payment for 29 - 31 Dec (we get paid 2 weeks in advance) as my final working day this month and ever for these guys is the 28th. 31st fair enough i’ll return but surprised they’re asking for the weekend too.

I plan to run this by them but they take an age to come back and besides a bunch of people on the net are probably more reliable :slight_smile:

Presumably you only need to return 1 days pay (31st) so make sure that’s all they ask for. You don’t get paid for weekends.

3 Likes

Just to remind you

5 Likes

entering the office with hot food means everyone wants to express how good it smells and how hungry they are and then each person asks you in turn what you have even if they heard you answer the first time and it’s all very stressful so i just bring either sandwiches or nothing at all now.

2 Likes

ohhhh god i am gonna use that one next time!

2 Likes

Had a feeling that it’s mostly my team that are getting absolutely shat on with workload and the the patent twats in the other parts of the business have a much easier life.

I ran a report on our docketing system to check. One other attorney has 5 pages of tasks for the next three months. Another has 4, and another has 6.

I have 16.

1 Like

This has done me.

1 Like

Current mood in our department: Someone from another department comes up for something, we speak first. “Sorry, we can’t do anything for you… No, we don’t care.”

“That’s rude.”

“No, it’s just the truth.”

I used to enjoy working here. Now I just can’t wait to be gone at the end of January when my notice period is up. (I need to find a new job first though…)

1 Like

I know this is a frivolous thread, but I don’t think we’ve been showing you enough solidarity in all this. What a shitty thing to happen and what a shitty time for it to happen. Try to keep hold of the fact that it will all end eventually and I’m sure you’ll find something new and fulfilling soon. And keep venting here if it helps.

6 Likes

Thanks. I don’t really need solidarity, though. We all have our problems in life that we need to deal with. And I have friends i see face to face who are doing a great job of being supportive. But appreciate you saying it.

1 Like

I work with at least 5 people who have weird nose blowing techniques, sneezing styles or cough-related issues (not covering mouth, annoying throat clearing). Just mounts up over time in cold season when you hear almost a chorus of “hhhhnnnnnnnnkkkkkkkk” followed by “uh uh uh UMMMMMMMM”. One girl even hiccups loudly and at random.

My wife has survived two rounds of redundancy and I’ve not survived one. Always around chrimbus (@Raanraals), clear the costs from the next year’s budget, innit. Well shitty.

(unless you mean Brexit as in timing)

oh wait, I also survived one as well (not at chrimbus)

1 Like

Patronising e mail saying that tomorrow, the last working day of the year, will be a full day and that no one should be leaving early unless there is a serious reason to do so. This is our quietest time of the year FFS (I’ve booked it off anyway)

5 Likes

We had this the year before regarding a bring your kids to work day.
They were like “even if you are bringing your children in, this is still a full working day” like you’re just meant to sit there 9 to 5 with your screaming kids

NO THANKS

2 Likes

They let people go home at 2.30 on Christmas Eve here but you don’t get the time back if you book at as even a half day holiday. Some people get really annoyed at that and deliberately come in to maximise the holiday games.

Fuck that.