Work irks part 2 (rolling)

Personally i don’t think forcing a colleague to do the work of two people on a bank holiday is the battle I’d pick for this

1 Like

Someone who is meant to be sending me two PowerPoint presentations doesn’t want to send them by email because he thinks they’re too big to be emailed, so I’ve asked him to send them through Dropbox but he doesn’t know how to use it, so I’ve created a Dropbox request and given him instructions on how to upload his files to it, and now he’s saying “if it doesn’t work” he’ll send me the files on a CD-R despite the fact that I don’t have (or even know anyone who has) a CD drive

At a fucking loss here pals

1 Like

Ask him to break the presentation up into separate chunks and email them separately? :woman_shrugging:

CD :smiley:

irked on behalf of a colleague who got a pasty from gregs and another colleague said that smells delicious and grabbed the bag and held it open over their mouth and nose and took a big whiff then handed it back to my disgusted workmate. what a fucking animal.

2 Likes

:nauseated_face:

6 Likes

No chance, for one thing he’s not even emailing me about it but someone else who is then forwarding me his emails

Bless :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

If he can use a CDR he can use a USB stick surely?

I don’t even know anymore

this really could not be simpler to use

You’d think, wouldn’t you

I honestly don’t know how high-up professional people with no internet skills get by in the modern world

2 Likes

Watching the managing partner at my old firm trying to convert an amount from dollars to pounds using The Internet was one of the most painful things I’ve ever experienced. It started with putting “Google” into the address bar in Chrome and got worse from there.

7 Likes

Funnily enough I have a patent related anecdote on this very subject, but there’s just not the audience for it, is there.

1 Like

We have a new campaign at work.

“Putting the Passenger First”

It’s been combined with email hits and posters absolutely everywhere filled with photos of actors pretending to be commuters and saying things like ‘I like getting trains to work but it would be better if they didn’t get delayed’.

No shit!

You can probably imagine the range of Yammer comments from weather-beaten signallers and enthusiastic corporate middle-management.

Bewildering stuff.

Once watched a university lecturer open up Bing and search “Google”

Better than the other way around tbhtbf.

Once watched an old manager of mine (who was only a couple of years older than me) type ‘Google Image Search’ in to the Google search bar.

2 Likes

Not saying this is the case here, but all online storage sites are blocked in my organisation, and USB sticks are unusable too.

My architect’s taken up sending me drawings through WeTransfer at work. So I have to remember to download them when I get home otherwise they expire, which doesn’t happen with emails.

One thing that irks me is how many times they announce that someone has been hit by a train over the tannoy, when its the reason for delays. It just feels like theyre saying “its not us this time honest!!” Bit lacking in tact and class imo - they could say “an incident” and i think the point would be made.

Sorry to direct this at you i know its related neither to you or directly to your work!

1 Like

Oh yeah, that’s a big irk of mine for quite a number of reasons…

1 Like