Work irks part 2 (rolling)

got to say, if theres four of you and two of you are off at the same time its way more inconvenient for the people who are in without enough support. sorry pal, but

^

2 Likes

i’d be irked moving offices 365 times too!

Someone microwaved fish again yesterday. What is it that they do to it that makes it smell so appalling? I have microwaved leftover mackerel in my house and not needed to fumigate the place to get the stench out. People were wrinkling up their noses three hours later. You never see the culprits either.

Hot weather also means the return of a colleague’s fan, which is pointed in such a way that it blows past him and wafts his Lynx Africa towards me. I move it around when he is away but it keeps coming back.

1 Like

we’re upgrading to Office 365 soon :grimacing: given that my employer has a 100% failure rate in implementing anything like this even vaguely well, it’s going to be a nightmare

my stint sat next to the kitchen, and thus microwave, passed without any fish microwaving awfulness thankfully. most people actually microwaved very nice smelling stuff, very considerate of them.

I now sit in a corner that is enclosed on three sides and requires the person next to me to stand up to let me out. not sure that’s progress.

There’s a right dickhead at my work who tried to remove any maternity entitlement from one of our staff’s contract who is pregnant. She also said to said pregnant colleague that she “chose a career instead of having children” and argues against people’s promotions and pay rises.

What a fucking worm.

1 Like

It’s gonna take a lot to drag your fan away from you
There’s nothing that a hundred men or more could ever do
I bless the smell of your lynx Africa

3 Likes

Ah well luckily I managed to get the time off after all, I just panicked/overreacted at the time of typing that.

Plz do a poo in her desk.

3 Likes

What a scumbag.

How does she feel having achieved the same by choosing work over fun as the people who chose a life over work?

Had a team call with the boss yesterday where we discussed this year’s new targets objectives. We’ve just been through a big case reduction exercise to try to get our massively OTT workload under control, and didn’t even get close to the target reduction in cases.

Still, we’ve been set a target to file x new cases this year, while also reducing external spend.

I asked if that means there’s an implicit goal of dropping another x cases to try to keep the workload under control.

No.

Well ok, are there are any other plans to take into account the fact that filing more new cases to without dropping old ones is unsustainable, e.g. hiring more people?

Also no.

Boss didn’t understand why my team kicked off.

Also an internal vacancy is about to open up in what is basically my dream technical field and which it’s unlikely that I’ll ever get that opportunity again, but the reason it’s opening up is because someone’s quitting due to their boss behaving very similarly to my old bullying boss.

Can’t deal with that so not going to go for it. Rubbish.

Might have been able to move offices to the one that’s a ten minute walk from my house instead of the current one that’s a 35-40 minute drive away too. Stupid bully bosses ruining everything.

When we log in to online banking it generates an 8 digit number which is used in the convoluted login process. Today the 8 digit number generated was a BINARY number! I was excited enough to work out the odds of this happening (390,000/1) and told my assistant. She laughed at me and called me a boring c***. :cry:

24 Likes

Frankly this is so unusual that my first reaction would be to assume there was a bug in the software.

1 Like

Last night I had to clean human shit off the floor in the toilets. I am so close to quitting.

guy the row over from me is one of those people who has illnesses instead of a personality. he’s “just getting over a cold” this week. i came in at 10 (he’s been in since 8) and all i’ve heard so far is coughing, spluttering, hawking, snorting, grunting, groaning, more hawking, properly sick wet snorting again, and so on. everybody is getting really fucked off with the cunt. i’m going to tell him to fuck off home if he carries on.

I genuinely worry this is me.

1 Like

If you told me, I would have double-checked your calculations and then replied, “Yes, if the number generator allows zeroes to be padded from the left otherwise the odds are double at 780,000 to 1.”.

I have real curiosity in how my 4 (four) digipasses work as they don’t seem to be connected to anything else (does it generate a preset number on a preset day? Is there a pattern that can be worked out?) but don’t want to Google as it would probably look incriminating.