Work irks part 2 (rolling)

Buy a lonely planet guide to Europe then change the rest of the money to euros and tell him it’s for a city break.

2 Likes

I agreed to do a presentation skills course at a fancy lawyer’s office, because my (American) boss suggested it. Great idea, boss!

Having agreed to it, he’s said “great! Should be pretty good, the presenter has had shows on the BBC!” and now isn’t responding to my increasingly strained requests about who it might be.

Clarkson? Palin? Harriott?!

My money’s on Rick Stein.

3 Likes

WHY HELLLOOOOO EPIMERRRR

5 Likes

you’re going to get shafted by Kilroy

Oh no.

Rolf Harris?

He not dead yet?

Unfortunately not.

Ok I’ve been told who it is and I’ve never heard of them. Actor on some drama I’ve never heard of.

Goes by the name Daniel Dyer…?

One of my reports has accidentally sent out full bonus details for all operational managers to below board level to a fuck of a lot of people who shouldn’t see them (including a lot of those operational managers). He is devastated.

Going to be a fun day!

2 Likes

My colleague has suggested donating to a homeless charity instead of doing an office secret Santa this year. It’s a great idea but lots of the people responding to the email can’t use Reply so have Reply All’d loads of responses of, “Great Idea!” and “I’m in!”

No point donating to charity if you don’t tell all your colleagues that you do it

4 Likes

has anyone replied all to tell people off for replying to all yet? and then someone replied all to that saying OK?

2 Likes

Nearly me.

There is another email group for timesheets that people can’t reply to properly either. I quite often know how many extra hours Maureen and Janice have worked that month.

2 Likes

I feel like have an Irk Backlog so might be here more often than is healthy.

I’m starting irky little arguments with people about allowing students into our workroom to collect forms and use photocopiers.

It’s partly a GDPR-paranoia and partly just wanting sanctuary from them.

The Friday morning pastry delivery continues to mock me. No matter what I try I always get to the kitchen too late and miss out. This morning I even got to the kitchen 10 minutes ahead of the delivery window and waited, however after waiting 20 minutes I was told the pastries weren’t coming today - the first time they haven’t been delivered since I joined 8 months ago. Never going to get one.

flaky

9 Likes

My boss made a spreadsheet (think he’s been on an Excel course) to show that the workload in our team is evenly distributed, but he’s applied arbitrary weightings to different stuff to very blatantly force the numbers into looking even.

Currently on a call with him trying to explain his system and someone’s pointed out that he’s mis-assigned a couple of things to the wrong people and so his fudged numbers are wrong. The whole thing’s falling down around his ears in real time and it’s glorious.

16 Likes