Work irks part 2 (rolling)

The desk booking system doesn’t work: people just show up when they feel like it so you arrive and find there’s either no space or you‘re stuck desks away and might as well be wfh. IMO the way forward might have to be

2 Likes

our desk booking system works absolutely fine, it’s just no-one pays any attention to it. I’ve been in twice and both times someone was sat at the desk I’d booked - half the people just turn up and sit where they want. they’ve also halved the number of desks available to us in the last few months. and they wonder why I don’t want to go into the office.

1 Like

There usually a bit of jolly for a week to assess people for the graduate scheme. Usually, they just mainly pick the people who did it last year to go. The managers in my office have got together to make some kind of ‘fair’ process, with priority given to those who havent done it before.

Irked.

2 Likes

1 Like

that sounds reasonable, am I missing something?

1 Like

Its reasonable but will negatively affect me

6 Likes

The worst kind of reasonable.

2 Likes

When someone asks you to do something for them and then it’s like pulling teeth trying to get the information you need from them in order to do the task :unamused: