Work irks part 2 (rolling)

Some dick 'ed has change the noise the oven makes when the timer goes off to We Wish You A Merry Christmas.

2 things here

You have an oven at work?
You can change the noise an oven timer makes?

Both are amazing.

I work in a kitchen.

8 Likes

I really need to stop assuming everyone on here is an office worker. Sorry.

2 Likes

Massive urge to reply to someone just then with ‘you’re really taking the piss now’

resisted, obv :innocent:

3 Likes

I’M AN OFFICE WORKER Not really, I’m a teacher with some administrative duties

For context, I work in supporting UCAS applications for students.

I am requested to email a reference about a student’s application. I email it.

I receive an email, replying to my previous email containing the reference, saying they have not received the reference, and please send it immediately.

I send it again with the references attached once more. I receive another email, replying to mine, stating they haven’t received the reference.

Livid.

2 Likes

Could be some kind of spam filter removing the attachment? It’s definitely a them problem, though.

Yeah, you’re right. I’m going to have to phone them up to ensure they’ve received it.

The urge to be snarky is something I’ll have to keep under control…

1 Like

I have just had a thirty minute phone call with them, where they stated they could not see the previous chain emails. They could see an email from me, and I can physically see that I sent the reference as an attachment, and they state they can see the email but not the attachment. :neutral_face:

I finally send the reference in the body of the email, and they’ve received it.

This is not how I want to spend my holidays.

2 Likes

If this was me and I occasionally have this kind of exchange with students who can’t see where I’ve uploaded or attached things, I’ll often send a screen shot with an arrow and a snarky ‘Here?’ done in MS Paint.

3 Likes

Would be really nice if people responded to my time off requests, even to say “Got your email, I’ll look into it and let you know”

2 Likes

Work party Harry Potter themed :roll_eyes: not going anyway but jeez.

I’m a gnat’s baw hair away from telling multiple people to go fuck themselves

• Do it, they deserve it
  • Don’t do it, you’ll regret it

0 voters

I think this poll may have been rigged.

Still, I hope everything’s okay, whatever the outcome…

2 Likes

I have respected the poll.

3 Likes

How did it go?

Dunno, I’ve turned my laptop off after sending the email and am now lying down on the sofa under a blanket. Like a true professional.

12 Likes

Turns out the work email account has blocked a load of email addresses of employees from emailing them. Cheers for letting us know.

Ransomware attack today. Goodie.