Work irks part 2 (rolling)

Pondering the irony that the tube station right outside my office was closed this lunchtime due to “lack of staff”. Ironically this didn’t inconvenience me since I went through it before they shut it, went shopping and then came home.

This would be great because the photographer I worked with hates my company with a passion.

3 Likes

What are you doing with after that?

Pick it up possibly using an extra portion of roll and put it in the toilet.

It wouldn’t be me.

The expectation to go to PTA events in my own time. There’s a Christmas Fair coming up which is on a Saturday, I appreciate the money goes towards the school but I don’t really want to go in on a Saturday for 5 hours obviously unpaid.

I usually go for about half an hour/show my face but this year we are expected to be there and help for the whole time.

It’s also my partner’s bday weekend so we had plans.

2 Likes

That’s way beyond what should be expected. Actually outraged on your behalf.

5 Likes

One of my colleagues has also used the hall during my PE slot for two weeks in a row as well so I’m doubly irked!

I’ve worked in warehouses and in shops and in offices with people of all different backgrounds and the one unifying thing across class and age and race and education and skills and basically everything is that men simply cannot use the toilet properly. I absolutely don’t get it. What is the deal with that?

4 Likes

Not only can’t use the toilet properly but are fucking incapable of cleaning up afterwards if they have pissed everywhere.

This post paid for by PROF$.

4 Likes

I don’t get it, @Kallgeese, I just don’t get it.

Bound to be someone on here who’s happy to piss all over the floor and leave it, and to also happily stand in other men’s piss. Name yourself, what’s your deal?

The line around this in teaching is way askew. Pretty much most places expect when you’re off ill that you send in work for every class every day for at least a week (I’ve never really tested when the expectation stops).

2 Likes

Someone new has joined my team.

His name is Kevin.

Every single time I hear his name, I have to stop myself saying “everyone knew you’d fail”.

1 Like

I do agree with this but I have colleagues teaching ESOL who have to update an online record of work after every class just in case they’re off next class.

I would much rather send cover work on mornings I’m ill than continually telling people what my class did today.

Alternatively

1 Like

Or, to get back on topic

I’m doing the second half of a workshop and the person doing the first half is running waaaaay over and I’m too much of a coward to say something because I don’t want to embarrass them. Literally no idea how I’m going to make this work.