Work irks part 2 (rolling)

You clearly don’t work with Stuart from service delivery

6 Likes

I’ve got a good one actually,

So I’m currently in the process of getting my references signed off for a flat and one of the things they required was an employee reference. Without thinking, I asked my line manager who I thought would have the information that they requested (Pay, status of employment, length of tenure at the job etc).

My Line manager has replied saying that they do not know whether they can legally give out that information(?) and that I should contact compliance services in case there’s a potential breach of compliance(?) they also asked me to find the information myself(!?) and also find company headed paper as requested by the lettings agency.

I can only assume that because my company is based in the US they’re worried about potential litigation issue but the whole situation seems so utterly ridiculous.

Mate, where I work “service delivery” means service delivery.

1 Like

Asked for stopping patterns for trains to be pulled out of our planning software for services that originate at Point A, and then terminate at either Point B, C or D and are served by a particular rolling stock - say for the sake of argument, Thomas the blue Tank Engine.

Imagine my surprise when I get asked what to do with services that originate at Point J and Terminate at Point Q and are served by, say, two larger Scottish engines called Donald and Douglas.

Simple instructions. Literally three steps to follow.

If I wanted services run by Donald & Douglas between Point J & Q then I would have asked for them.

clearing throats every time before answering a call

Got an email through asking if I could provide a “quick” email overview of the “IP situation” in China for us and our competitors regarding something that’s fitted to any car made in about the past fifteen years.

No. No I cannot.

1 Like

"it’s complicated.

Rgds,

Dr Epimer

P.S. £350"

1 Like

that reminds me, I am getting fucked over by the change in train timetable next month

More than likely - where abouts are you?

Damnit Stuart

1 Like

:smiley: I’ve been locked out of my voicemail for about 6 years? Haven’t told IT as it’s been far too long. There was an email not long ago asking if I still needed my voicemail inbox, think I said yes, even though I cannot access it at all.

People will ring back or email.

BOP

coming home: entire schedule put back by 8 mins

going to work: fewer trains. Gap of 16 mins between trains – currently 7 mins

That’s a bucket of shite :frowning:

Fully predicting maddening chaos on huge parts of the network in three weeks time.

I don’t want to derail this, but this reminds me of when in film or TV there’s silent immediately after an explosion or gunshot followed by conspicuously loud ringing sound to demonstrate the character has temporarily lost their hearing, and it takes me a while to figure out wait, is that their tinnitus or mine? Sometimes I think my tinnitus has got really loud and then realise it’s just the TV.

As you were.

Yup. He was angry because he had to queue as lots of women in their 20s were getting the kebab Monday deal.

I have mentioned our toilet issue on here before but I can say I AM WITH YOU.

On my floor we have one disabled loo which is the ladies and the men have the bigger toilet which holds 2 cubicles and some urinals. We get the same thing with the ladies toilet in that women will see it’s locked yet still try to pull the door open! OR WORSE. They will wait. They will wait outside the door for you to finish shitting in that box with no windows or ventilation and you’ll have to do the walk of shame knowing you’ve just done a stonkin’ shit in there and having to literally hold the door open to let your colleague go in there after you. Worse than that is the walls are so fucking thin that you can hear someone spraying copious amounts of air freshener in there whilst you’re waiting for the lift or getting some water or whatever.

5 Likes

Spray the air freshener yourself as you’re leaving then.

1 Like

this is my first office job in years and I’d forgotten just how weird and unnatural the concept of working in an office really is.

Now:
08:03
08:07
08:17
08:27
08:34
08:38
08:50
08:54

After changes:
08:07
08:12
08:23
08:37
08:53

FFS!

I ordered a pin board and wanted to fill it with “fun stuff” to make our office a tiny bit more enjoyable.

Some prick came in one day and just binned the lot! I asked him if he binned it and he said “yeah I did” and I asked why and he said “it had old stuff on it” I was like fine whatever but come up with some good content for it.

3 months later: STILL NO CONTENT. I’m looking at a blank cork board!

2 Likes