World Athletic Championships London 2017

Yeah. An amazing view down the back straight. Looking forward to the 400m and 800m finals.

Good view of the Pole Vault too

Give a cheer for Mondo Duplantis

1 Like

That Botswanan fella just laid into the IAAF in the Beeb there. What a mess.

Brilliant view of the pole vault. Having a great time.

4 Likes

I think Kurtis M-whatever it was, that last Ozzie poll vaulter is my new absolute fave. What a babe!

here for all the athletes with glasses

1 Like

USA pole vaulter Sam Kendricks seems to have quite a lot of pole to vault. Think I’ve found my new second-favourite sport.

I think we can all agree that Seb Coe is to blame.

4 Likes

Proper shitshow this - literally and figuratively

fuck me, anyone watching the absolute grilling of this athletics bureaucrat?

Yeah. I honestly don’t see what the fuss is? Surely the IAAF are just trying to prevent the spread of the virus?

I get that it’s horrible that he’s missed out, but they’re trying to protect other athletes health and ability to perform, right?

If Athletes are willing to put their own health, and the health of other athletes at risk then they’re a bit of a prick.

“He felt alright” doesn’t mean he isnt ill FFS.

2 Likes

Handling it like a proper grade 19 bureaucrat though tbf to her

lol.

why are they doing this?

Why?

why aren’t they interviewing actual medal winners instead?

2 Likes

its so, so bizarre :smiley:

Paula Radcliffe talks so much guff, surprised big mike Johnson hasnt @-ed her

Haven’t been watching/paying too much attention, but sounds like it’s a communications fuck up as much as anything else.

She’s always been a fucking mug.

If he tests positive the IAAF giving it the “I told you so”, isn’t exactly going to make him feel any better.

It’s the same at my work - if you ring in to work with the shits, you aren’t allowed back until you’ve been fine for 48-hours. I’m sure this is made clear in his Professional Athlete employee handbook…

1 Like