You’ll get to see Nafi Thiam so don’t sweat it

1 Like

My view. Tonight should be brilliant!!

6 Likes

above anyone else I’d love it if Holly Bradshaw got medal

1 Like

Bolt. Legend.

1 Like

An amazing race and final lap. Simply a brilliant night out.

2 Likes

That Mo Farah will go far

3 Likes

jealous

great race that

are you standing for the National Anthem?

1 Like

I did stand like everyone else during the anthem. Like all ceremonies you stand in appreciation of the sportsmen and sportswomen whilst the anthem plays rather than for the head of state.

I didn’t mean anything by it - it was just the medal ceremony anthem on the telly when I posted

1 Like

I know nothing was meant by your reply. It was a fair enough question.

Actually the national anthem when the men’s England football team play is often used as a jingoistic thing for arseholes and drinks in pubs, sort of “My country is better than your country”.

Most other times the national anthem is used as it should be.

1 Like

*drunks in pubs

I like Mo Farah but the BBC commentary was really cringey at times.

1 Like

Great to see athletics fans on DiS. I was a little disappointed the BBC talked over most of the 100m prelims, but at least they gave the heats full attention. Boltmania is understandable and I love him but it’s a little annoying that he’s sometimes all they talk about. I don’t think they even mentioned that James Dasaoulo and Jimmy Vicaut (surely one of the favourites for a medal) were in his heat.

Loved the Farah race. Didn’t find the commentary too cringey though.

I was there last night. It was all about Mo for me. I saw him in 2012 in the 5,000 and it was the most incredible atmosphere I’ve ever experienced, and last night was right up there with that. I love the way the intensity builds over the laps until everyone is going ballistic.

I’m also going tonight, Tuesday, Thursday and the next Saturday. Things I’m looking forward to tonight - 100m final, obvs, KJT and Thiam in the heptathlon, plus Laura Muir in the 1500 semis and some Lithuanian dude in the final of the discus.

1 Like

felt badly treated last night. wouldn’t let us walk in a straight line to stadium from stratford, past aquatics centre, “because of the suface”. fuck does that mean? we walked back that way. an extra mile to walk and my dad’s in his seventies.

paid £22 for burger, noodles, bottle of beer and a water. low quality food, could’ve got change off £3 for all that in a supermarket. i’m used to stadiums/ captive markets, but thought it was shocking. burger and noodles isn’t a thing. I ordered thai green curry, thinking that the chilli next to it was a v for veggie. had chicken in, so subbed it for veggie noodles that were a pound cheaper and had a tiny slice of carrot as the veg. not filling so went for burger too.

all by the by, was a good evening.

Yeah. I was with my parents who are in their 70s too. I didnt understand the reason for moving people both before and after the event how they did. An extra mile walk at a very slow pace amongst the huge crowds. Badly organised.

Sorry you guys both had a bad time of it.

I’m guessing it’s because there are lots of people, so if you spread them out over a long route, it’s more dispersed that going a direct route and then not having enough space for anyone to join the queue.

Very jealous of all your events. Have a great time. I had 17 Olympic events during 2012 but unfortunately saw no British golds. Yesterday sort of made up for it. Your 5000m in 2012 must have been unforgettable. A brilliant race.

I’m back there on Tuesday evening and that’s me done unfortunately.

Have a great games.

Have you checked the website? There are tickets still available for lots of the days. Sometimes it says tickets are available in a price category when they aren’t, but it’s pretty quick to try them out. You might have to go for single tickets in slightly higher price categories though.

Unfortunately last night and Tuesday will be my games. I work overnights and late shifts and so can’t make many other sessions. I got my two sessions via the ballot last year and then I booked annual leave on those days to “lock” them off so I don’t get shit shifts.

I’m going to Visions Festival today. I’ll try and find somewhere to watch the 100m final or watch it on the BBC website if they’re streaming it.