World Athletic Championships London 2017

Yeah - they save all the blue ribband stuff for prime time - even stretching to showing stuff to the West Coast three hours after the East Coast have see it.

“Here’s something that happened 8 hours ago and you probably already read all about on the internet, so no longer have much interest in.”

Think I’m more inclined to root for British t&f athletes than those of other sports. partly cos they’re a good bunch and partly cos of having watched UK trials and stuff in the past. still find the BBC coverage pretty annoying though. eurosport is much more clear eyed and actually show much more athletics instead of all the studio chat

3 Likes

When I first read this post I misread the author as @rich-t and assumed he’d picked the winner based on the athlete most likely to have taken the most drugs.

Thats what I normally do. Just like predicting bike races :wink:

If I had to pick the athlete most likely to have taken the most drugs out of a line-up then I probably would have picked Giuliev to be fair - but my rationale was based on a good Diamond League season and consistency in the qualifying rounds. Nice that both methods work :slight_smile:

I’ve a spare ticket for tonight. Lower tier on the top bend. PM me if interested.

I’m settled in for the evening.Uploading…

so much variety isn’t there

christina manning seems good
lipstick and the gesture she did when she won. coolest member of the US hurdling roster

ha ha jog on lynsey sharp

1 Like

Hell of an anthem that #turkeybijan

Great race that Women’s Steeplechase, including a runner missing the water jump and a fall within 200m.

She tripped up at least two others too.

Great finish to that race.

I really hope Asher-Smith gets a medal. Tough ask after her injury though.

Schippers :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I was at the 200m women’s heats. Schippers is formidable. Well run Asher-Smith.

Asher-Smith sounds like a really nice and optimistic athlete. I’m a grumpy bastard so well done.

4 Likes

Too right. What a lovely person.

1 Like

Team GB are NAILING the 4ths

1 Like

The most consistent 4th placers in the championships. I’m sure the BBC will be plugging that hard over this weekend.