World Athletic Championships London 2017

OMG OMG OMG OMG

Bolt down. Great race that.

It’s 2004 all over again!

Fuck yeah!

Well done GB, fucking great race.

Wow!

What a bloody run

I heard the women’s relay team might be disqualified?

Strong chance

3rd fastest ever. that’s crazy. that run and all the change overs were perfect

3 Likes

Holy shit.

She went into the German’s lane, the Germans came 4th

If I were in the German 4x100m team I’d be celebrating my bronze right now

Great race

Poor old Bolt

Should have quit after Rio

1 Like

Poor Roger Black

1 Like

So you’re saying you got off on Radcliffe during the wobbly-head getting trounced on the final lap years??

I’m going to say it again: javelin competitiions are fucking boring, even when Steve Backley was playing.

With the putters, the discus wankers and the hammerers you can at least admire how roided up they all are. With the javelin the interest is purely in who has the most lame-arsed runup.

with all of those sports, I love seeing the world record line so far ahead of any of the attempts. all set, perfectly above board, in the 80s by soviet bloc countries.

2 Likes

(Probably for another thread, but…) For quite a while I conflated Steve Backley and CBBC wildlife presenter Steve Backshall. I thought for a good while that he’d simply found a new career telling kids about snakes and spiders after binning the stick throwing off.

2 Likes

Kind of glad they changed the javelins in the 90s and reset all the records. In the 80s one East German guy threw 104m!

That was because of the type of javelin though and not extra curricular activities