World Athletics Champs 2022 🏃‍♀️💨

Starts tomorrow
It’s in Eugene
Eugene_Sully
Famously fast track but with a newly built stadium around it, hoping for some records

Athletics weekly previews:

Anyone excited? It’ll be good fun imo

3 Likes

It’s all about Mondo

An outdoor 6.20m would be tremendous

last leg of the 4x400 mixed final was exciting

USA picked an annoyingly weakened team, but still

Could have been very nasty for Bradshaw. Glad she seems ok

1 Like

Nice to see Botswana’s 19yo Letsile Tebogo break the U20 Men’s 100m record in the heats with 9.94s

And Zharnel Hughes going sub 10 in his heat at 9.97s was impressive too

Hope one of them breaks up a US 1-2-3 in the final

1 Like

Such a shame that the evening finals in Oregon are at wildly anti-social European times

1 Like

Especially as the rest of the world panders to them when they’re not in America.

2 Likes

Oblique Seville.

1 Like

Just noticed current shotput leader Chase Ealey has a James and the Giant Peach tattoo on her leg!

I’m in love

2 Likes

Adelle Tracey was best m8s with my sister when they were kids, had no idea she was running for Jamaica now!

2 Likes

remember her mum lent us the santa clause on video once.

4 Likes

Josh Kerr is great. Proper showboater

lol, that Italian sprinter I went to uni with. naughty Antonio.

1 Like

BBC comms cutting out literally halfway through the 100m final :upside_down_face: sure hope somebody gets fired for that blunder

1 Like

She won :heart_eyes:

I thought he was just really in the moment.

1 Like

Lovely to see dasher smith in good form again

1 Like

Quite odd seeing USA take 123 in the Men’s 100m. Completely out the loop with sprinting now, hadn’t heard of any of them.

Oblique is one of the coolest first names I’ve ever seen imo

3 Likes

Just watched the whole finals session from last night as if it were live

Such a disappointment that Tebogo & Hughes didn’t make it out of their semis, both had bad problems with their starts. Kerley massively lucky to take the gold right on the line

Asher-Smith looked amazing in her heat as did Neita

Gutted for the Greek guy in the long jump final, disappointing from Sweden’s Montler as well - still, the European Championships are only a couple of weeks away