World Cup 2018 DiSer Draw

Do you have an office canteen? A foodie world tour is always a good one

1 Like

Nah, and food choice is pretty limited where I live so not sure it’d even work. Might just resort to playing Vindaloo every time I enter the office.

4 Likes

@moderators Armenia is cool and all, I mean, I know very little about the place other than that that I’ve learnt through a strong enjoyment of System Of A Down in earlier life, but I’m really meant to be repping :colombia: here, please.

Peru comin’ atacha

https://twitter.com/SeleccionPeru/status/1003500097831882752

Two goal haul for El Capitano Paolo Guerrero against Saudi Arabia, back from his ‘doping’ mishap. The drugs don’t work or it would have been a hattrick!

5 Likes

Denmark played a goalless draw against neighbours Sweden on Saturday, Christian Eriksen missed the game as he had stay at home for the delivery of a fresh new baby.

On Sunday, the squad was announced. The nation was in shock as manager Åge Hareide left out the world’s best striker, Nicklas Bendtner. Andreas Bjelland (Brentford), Mike Jensen (Rosenborg) and Peter Ankersen (F. C. Copenhagen) also missed out on plane tickets.

The squad in full:

Goalkeepers: Kasper Schmeichel (Leicester), Jonas Lössl (Huddersfield), Frederik Rønnow (Brøndby).

Defenders: Simon Kjær (Sevilla), Andreas Christensen (Chelsea), Mathias ‘Zanka’ Jørgensen (Huddersfield), Jannik Vestergaard (Borussia Mönchengladbach), Henrik Dalsgaard (Brentford), Jens Stryger Larsen (Udinese), Jonas Knudsen (Ipswich).

Midfielders: William Kvist (F.C. Copenhagen), Thomas Delaney (Werder Bremen), Lukas Lerager (Bordeaux) Lasse Schöne (Ajax), Christian Eriksen (Tottenham Hotspur), Michael Krohn-Dehli (Deportivo La Coruña).

Forwards: Pione Sisto (Celta Vigo), Martin Braithwaite (Bordeaux), Andreas Cornelius (Atalanta), Viktor Fischer (F.C. Copenhagen), Yussuf Poulsen (RB Leipzig), Nicolai Jørgensen, (Feyenoord), Kasper Dolberg (Ajax).

Fodbold!

much as it’s annoying an Ipswich player is going, I do quite rate Knudsen. Fucking love Delaney and Eriksen, all the best from your former colonial subjects

Not sure he’s first choice. He was warming the bench on Saturday.

oh yeah I very much doubt he’ll play, I’m just saying generally

1 Like

Squad update – Bentek-a Hike

Leaked photos of personalised mattresses had seemingly revealed Belgium’s final 23-man squad last week, but that turned out to be part of Roberto Martinez’s illusion as he revealed a different, official squad list this morning.

The biggest bait-and-switch is the inclusion of Adnan Januzaj at the expense of Christian Benteke, with the Belgian coach ignoring MC5’s exhortations to “Kick out the Jam”. “He will bring us freshness”, said Martinez - possibly a mattress reference. Matz Sels, Christian Kabasele and Jordan Lukaku are also on the plane… back to Belgium, although Thorgan Hazard stays on, the Snowy to his older brother’s Tintin.

Here’s the 23-man squad in full, with clubs and nicknames:

Goalkeepers:
Koen Casteels (Wolfsburg) – The Koen Brother
Thibaut Courtois (Chelsea) – Courteous Thibaut
Simon Mignolet (Liverpool) – Simon Saves

Defenders:
Toby Alderweireld (Tottenham Hotspur) - Oooh Toby, Toby Alderweireld (NB: to the tune of Cat Stevens’ “Wild World”)
Dedryck Boyata (Celtic) – The Absolute Boyata
Vincent Kompany (Manchester City) – Kompany Man
Thomas Meunier (Paris St-Germain) – “Sole” Meunier
Thomas Vermaelen (Barcelona) – Vermillion Tom
Jan Vertonghen (Tottenham Hotspur) – Super Jan

Midfielders:
Yannick Carrasco (Dalian Yifang) – The Executioner
Kevin de Bruyne (Manchester City) – Off-Brown Kev
Mousa Dembele (Tottenham Hotspur) – Dembele Full (But We Hungry)
Leander Dendoncker (Anderlecht) – No nickname required, you can’t improve on perfection
Marouane Fellaini (Manchester United) – The Destroyer of Worlds
Eden Hazard (Chelsea) – How ‘ard? Hazard
Thorgan Hazard (Borussia Monchengladbach) – God of Thunder
Adnan Januzaj (Real Sociedad) – Janet Jazz Jam
Dries Mertens (Napoli) – ‘Cross the Dries
Youri Tielemans (Monaco) – Teal Man
Axel Witsel (Tianjin Quanjian) – The Weasel

Forwards:
Michy Batshuayi (Chelsea) – The Batsman
Nacer Chadli (West Brom) – Truly, Chadli, Deeply
Romelu Lukaku (Manchester United) – Seedy Rom

Loving the Belgium chat on the weekly football thread guys! I’ve ordered my Belgium home kit, knowing Brazil’s postage system it’ll probably arrive after the tournament. #RedTogether #OnAMission #FamousBelgians #determination

https://twitter.com/mbatshuayi/status/1003558741130776576

11 Likes

yeah, it’s been update now, thanks. Not sure what was going on before, but anyway.

1 Like

Can I have my Swiss flag please

1 Like

Oui garçons…

That neck is a bit too wide and low cut for my liking really

4 Likes

agreed on the collar but nice otherwise

Japan are in action against Switzerland this Friday in their penultimate World Cup Friendly

The team is perhaps slightly lacking this year but notable players include Shinji Kagawa (Dortmund), Shinji Okazaki (Leicester City) and Yuko Nagatomo (Galatasaray).

Wonderful

6 Likes

I found that I own a Spain shirt!

Oof that away kit, lavely!

1 Like

I reckon you in ‘respect few, fear none’ and the Prof in the cat one

Will do a Portugal write up tomorrow!