World Cup 2022 day 13 - πŸ‡¬πŸ‡­ πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Ύ πŸ‡°πŸ‡· πŸ‡΅πŸ‡Ή πŸ‡§πŸ‡· πŸ‡¨πŸ‡² πŸ‡·πŸ‡Έ πŸ‡¨πŸ‡­

Could hear the big man cracking his knuckles from the other side of the Pennines, so had to take appropriate action.

Polls to follow, naturally.

18 Likes

What a day 12 of World Cup we had. Belgium OUT, Germany OUT, Japan THROUGH. Nobody, and I mean nobody, could have seen this coming.

Did I start today’s thread just so I could highlight these? Who could possibly say.

30 Likes

Meanwhile, Graeme Souness is trapped in the intersection between the curvature of the ball and the byline, like General Zod being banished to the Phantom Zone in Superman II

34 Likes

Anyway, our final day of Group Stage action :disappointed_relieved: Possibly our last day ever of group stage action in the classic format :sob: :sob:

Portugal are through in Group H, with South Korea needing a win against their reserves and luck in the other fixture, Ghana vs Uruguay. Ghana in pole position to go through at the South Americans’ expense, can’t see them missing this opportunity.

Group H
  • Portugal
  • South Korea
  • Draw

0 voters

Group H match 2
  • Ghana
  • Uruguay
  • Draw

0 voters

enjoyed Uruguay sending Suarez up for the press conference for the Ghana game

Animated GIF

1 Like

And in Group G, it’s probably a straight shootout between Serbia and Switzerland for the remaining place in the knockout stages alongside Brazil. Reports from Belgrade that Serbia are going to continue to ignore their good strikers in favour of some carthorse bundling the ball wide repeatedly have been met with joy in Zurich. Cameroon need a convincing win and Switzerland to not win to go through. While unlikely, hopefully they can leave us with more memories of scooped finishes and suave managers for years to come.

Group G
  • Serbia
  • Switzerland
  • Draw

0 voters

Group G
  • Brazil
  • Cameroon
  • Draw

0 voters

'Kin hell, that took forever. Might be Team Big Man after that, tbh.

8 Likes

Most fun team v most boring imho with Ghana v Uruguay, hope they put about 5 past the dinosaurs of Montevideo.

7 Likes

How are wales getting on?

1 Like

That few minutes last night where it looked like Spain and Germany might both go out was absolutely vintage soccerball. The noises I was making jumping around the living room really weren’t befitting of a 27-year-old.

21 Likes

Love how unrepentant he is. He is right mind.

2 Likes

We’ve won the world cup it turns out, which is nice.

1 Like

someone should visit their camp and find out

2 Likes

Can’t see past my boys England/Morocco/Japan from here, tbh.

Deployed the anti-bants again last night.

This Post Paid For By PROF$.

8 Likes

Thought the first two rounds of the group stages were very inconsistent in terms of entertainment/quality, but this third round has been much better. Have there been any decent articles/think pieces about why there have been so many upsets? If the trend for bigger teams getting knocked out early continues, it could be a really weird and interesting set of knock-out matches. Potentially really good for England (unless Senegal win on Sunday of course, which they’re capable of!).

Think I might make use of the dual monitors to cheer on both Ghana and South Korea at the same time. Would love it if they beat them etc

9 Likes

Let’s!

3 Likes

Weird how little attention I paid to the group stages of previous world cups. Think I basically just watched the England games, bizarre