⚽ ⚽ World Cup- Day 1 ⚽ ⚽

Boxing Day is a world away and well like it or not the World Cup is upon us. Starting with the host country taking on Ecuador. Discussions commence. In the meantime take your pick.

• Ecaudor
  • Qatar
  • Draw

0 voters

1 Like

I fucked up spelling Ecuador and the poll won’t let me change. I hate my life.

1 Like

HOW DARE YOU!

1 Like

Ecuador

¡Salve, Oh Patria, mil veces, oh Patria!
¡Gloria a ti, gloria a ti!

Coach:

Gustavo Alfaro

Squad:

Goalkeepers: Moises Ramirez, Alexander Dominguez, Hernan Galindez

Defenders: Piero Hincapie, Robert Arboleda, Pervis Estupinan, Angelo Preciado, Jackson Porozo, Xavier Arreaga, Felix Torres, Diego Palacios, William Pacho

Midfielders: Carlos Gruezo, Jose Cifuentes, Alan Franco, Moises Caicedo, Angel Mena, Jeremy Sarmiento, Ayrton Preciado, Sebastian Mendez, Gonzalo Plata, Romario Ibarra

Forwards: Djorkaeff Reasco, Kevin Rodriguez, Michael Estrada, Enner Valencia

2018 Performance:

Did not qualify, due to being cheated. I think.

Best Performance:

2006: Round of 16. Lost one nil to the cowardly Lions.

How will Ecuador set up?

0-0, 0-0, 0-0, 1-0, 0-0, 1-0

Ecuador’s last six results paint an accurate picture of how the team is set up. So, expect a strong defensive unit who will look to counter. Generally, we’ve lined up 433 with the ball and 442 without.

Set pieces are a real strength for this young squad as they ranked first for chances and goals from non-penalty situations.

Likely line up:

Dominguez; Preciado, Torres, Hincapie, Estupinan; Gruezo, Caicedo, Cifuentes; Plata, Valencia, Ibarra

Who are the big names to look out for?

EPL fans will recognize Enner Valencia, and Brighton duo Caicedo and Estupinan. The real jewels in the squad are fleet footed winger Gonzalo Plata and cultured defender Piero Hincapie. Hincapie in particular will be looking to move to a bigger club, he’s a goddam Rolls Royce.

Hincapie is also a bit of an actor and tbqh a bit of a babe.

Greatest Player

Easy. This was probably his best goal, decent soundtrack too.

Beer:

I’m picking up a box of this fine brew on Wednesday, just in time for the easy win against the Netherlands. I had to ring round the whole damn city before finding a store owned by my adopted countrymen half way to effing Tacoma. I’ll be leaving them with a fat tip and my eternal gratitude.

21 Likes

Official Song!

Ecuadoooooorrrrrrrrrrr

2 Likes
8 Likes

Makes the entire country look like ( an admittedly intriguing) cult.

3 Likes

Only just realised Ecuador means equator.

5 Likes

Waiting for the first unfathomable miss by Ecuador or inexplicable refereeing decision to go against them.

$$$$Quatar$$$ for the win.

The guy in the hat looks like Karl Pilkington

Is there an opening ceremony? Im in the mood for one for some reason

“Djorkaeff Reasco”!

4 Likes

It’s a bit scary when you’re old enough to have current footballers named after past footballers you wrote to as a French project in year 7.

Youri never wrote back to me, the cunt

3 Likes

To be fair, I shouldn’t be too harsh on ol’ French Djorkaeff, as I’m pretty sure our French teacher was saying “My boyfriend works at Inter Milan and can get all the players’ autographs”, telling Santa’s-just-been-down-the-chimney porkies. Bowland High, Grindleton in the late 90s was that kind of school - we once had a History supply teacher who handed us all letters at the end of the lesson saying “Thank you for all your hard work on this project, from Her Majesty the Queen” (whose correspondence format of choice appeared to be crudely-bordered 1996 Microsoft Works)

1 Like

Genuinely think Qatar not only win today but get out their group

BRAZIL, BRAAZIIIIIIIIL…

LADS, IT’S HERE.

:trophy: :soccer: :goal_net:

*win the whole thing when Infantino, a naturalised citizen, comes off the bench in the final to score a diving header Yordan Letchkov style.

This Post Paid For By PROF$.

6 Likes

Given this will give me my work sweepstake takings, I’ll take it