WORLD CUP! day 28 - semi finals part 2

Maybe. That was a second yellow though, not a straight red. With the others, you always got the impression that they could lose it at any moment if the opposition knew what they were about.

Full list of actual red cards. Whether there’s been more worthy of them (there has) is left as an exercise for discussion :slight_smile:

1 Like

First England game you watched?

Sweden v England at Euro '92 for me.

England Scotland 96 is the first one I remember

2 Likes

Probably England Switzerland at Euro 96 tbh

6 Likes

This is probably old news, but one thing I heard last night and had to go and check is that Gareth Southgate is 18 months older now than Alf Ramsey was in 1966. mind boggling, really:

5 Likes

I think that was mine too. Cried so much at that game when Lineker was taken off - he was my hero at the time. Still is tbh

8 Likes

England v Paraguay, Mexico '86, I think. (may have been the game against Poland though)

1 Like

Italia 90 semi final is the first that I remember. That crushing disappointment is imprinted on my memory forever.

• Croatian
  • Croat

0 voters

Croatian player, Croation team. Team of Croats.

2 Likes

I can’t be sure. I certainly remember Italia 90 semi, but I Think it might have been the Ireland game in the group stages, as I seem to remember there being a lot about the rivalry but I was 7, so didn’t really understand the troubles.

Croat mates?

2 Likes

FTFY

England v Ireland at the 1990 World Cup

It’s so cute what you and @Aggpass have going on…

I love him with all my heart :heart:

2 Likes

But he doesn’t love you enough to like your post.

I’m indifferent about his feelings for me.