WORLD CUP: Day 29/30 - the hangover

Well played English bastards! :wink:

The most likeable English squad in my lifetime and a manager to boot. Young, fast, talented and also devoid of ego. You play like a premier league team and this should be a great squad for years to come.

:+1:

Would’ve been really handy if oxlade-chamberlain had been fit for this tournament. Bit fitter and more disciplined defensively than alli, bit more threat going forward than any of the deeper cms

Sad for the people of DiS but delighted England lost.

Even Lallana

I know it’s a silly thing to do but its also fun so in 2022

Pickford - 27

Stones - 28
Maguire - 29
Walker - 32/ gomez - 25

Alexander Arnold - 23
Loftus cheek - 26/henderson - 32
Foden - 22/lingard - 29/mount - 23
Sessegnon - 22

Sterling - 27
Alli - 26/sancho - 22/gomes - 21
Kane - 28

Bring on the Sessegnons

I saw one of the Croatian lads picking up some glasses in the bundle and keeping them safe too. GBOLs

Always good when someone takes care of your glasses in a bundle…

Might get a bit of stick for this but I reckon extra time last night showed why it would’ve been a good idea to take Rooney to the World Cup. Could’ve used his expertise to marshall us through

Rooney - 36

Jesus he’s 32? Fucking hell!

but what a peak he had

Think bringing Vardy on was the crowning bad substitution of a series of them. He’s done nothing all tournament, the situation was all wrong for him, whereas bringing Loftus-Cheek on helped us immensely when chasing the game 1-1 versus Tunisia. It’s definitely Southgate’s weak point.

We fucked it.
Needed to be more clinical in 1st half. Played Kane too deep, Alli unfit and left us exposed out wide. Sterling off was wrong.
Doubt we’ll have that chance again. Route to final was there for the taking and we blew it. Probably would have lost to France, but it’s a final and a coinflip.
Don’t really care though and haven’t been particularly moved throughout the tourney. Nice team though. Glad I don’t have to hear that fucking song again.
Fin

Bad luck England. Great game to watch I thought. Please now don’t embarrass yourselves with an open top bus parade for coming third or fourth like we did after the euros.

This looks promising

Also

Solanke, Calvert-Lewin, Tammy Abraham, Lewis Cook, Maitland-Niles etc

Then there’s…err…Ronaldo Viera ! Buckley-Ricketts !

And so on