WORLD CUP! last 16! ...day 17

I bet they both go out today.

3 Likes

France and Argentina for sure, might catch the first half of Uruguay Portugal Iā€™m due out this evening

France - Argentina will ding
Portugal - Uruguay will be smelly poo poo

Then itā€™sā€¦Suarez vs. Griezmann?

The battle of the current second fiddle to Messi against the guy who couldā€™ve been that guy if heā€™d picked Barcelona over staying at Atletico Madrid.

Canā€™t wait!

I reckon the possession stats will be:

Portugal - 40%
Uruguay - 40%
Ronaldo - 20%

I think when Ronaldo has the ball it will be recorded as Portugal possession, rather than a separate category being introduced. But weā€™ll have to see

2 Likes

That would mean Portugal would have 60%, and we both know thatā€™s not going to happen

7 Likes

guaranteed humdingers today mates, i am assured of this by top men.

4 Likes

Worth pointing out that no team has had fewer bookings than Uruguay so far. Course, yellow cards donā€™t always equate to fouliness, and theyā€™ve played a Saudi Arabia side they had no real need to foul and Russia when both had already progressed. Theyā€™ve got that stuff in their locker, iā€™ve spoke about it myself, but thereā€™s a chance they might win just by playing really good football. It might not just be an ultimate cunt-off. Sometimes we can be a bit guilty of stereotypes taking precedent over current narratives, eh.

1 Like

World cup not being on yesterday meant l I had to interact with co workers, friends and family. They seem nice. Anyway

3 Likes

Suarez being marked by Pepe though

1 Like

6 Likes

Just watched a few old episodes of Phoenix from the Flames with Baddiel and Skinner. Fucking hell. One basically takes the piss out of Koreans names and size, another dresses Ray Houghton up as a terrorist. I know theyā€™re twenty years old, but christ. I donā€™t remember them being that off at the time.

1 Like

The Jason Lee stuff seemed fucking horrible at the time, especially when they took the piss out of him for being upset by it. Pair of arseholes

1 Like

Ooh that would be good. I was hoping for Portugal to go out today, preferably with Ronaldo being sent off, and Argentina winning with Messi scoring a hat trick but I might push that fantasy back a game. Basically Iā€™m behind whatever pisses Cron off the most.

1 Like

Hypothetically, what would be the nicest, least talking-bollocks last four?

Iā€™ll say France, Mexico, Denmark, Sweden

My m9ā€™s telling me that Ronaldo does loads for charity and doesnā€™t have any tatts because he donates so much blood. Still want Portugal to lose pal.

Heā€™s an incredibly weird man and probable sex offender though

Edit: shouldnā€™t say probable really sorry

2 Likes

Thatā€™s what the bags of blood will be, ā€œdonationsā€

3 Likes