WORLD CUP! (last 16) - day 20

Hot prediction incoming:

EITHER -

A standard 2-0 win for the glorious Three Lines, with jewels remaining still gleaming

OR

A dull 2-0 defeat like we always bloody do, told you we would lose it, Colombia not to be underestimated mate.

Reckon it will be done in 90, as they have the terrifying extra time and penalties misery saved up for the quarters, if we get there.

Of Go-Kane?

4 Likes

England 2 (Kane '8, Lingard '89)
Colombia 3 (Cuadrado '12, Falcao '66, '101)

3 Likes

Reckon they score an early goal and go full deer in the headlights with Colombia pulling 2 goals back in the second half. Basically that 2-1 against Uruguay from 2014.

England will 100% take the lead within the first fifteen minutes.

3 Likes

INGERLUND INGER LUND INGERLUND! INGERLUND INGERLUND INGER LUUUUUUUND! INGERLUND INGERLUND INGERLUND! IN GER LUUUND INGERLUND!

7 Likes

I HAVE TO DO A MENU TASTING FOR MY WEDDING TONIGHT OH SHIT/OH BLESSED DAY

What were you all doing when England played Colombia in 1998?

I got some Hooch and went to my then mate Dan’s house. Dunno how i got served given i was eight, but

4 Likes

Just gobble it down dead quick, it’ll all taste fine at worst.

2 Likes

Front room, got told off by my parents for running around and yelling when Anderton scored.

34 I was

6 Likes

Literally no idea. Can remember running home from school for the second half of England v Tunisia but no idea where I watched the rest that tournament.

By my estimate, football should have reached the Belarus/Poland border on its way home by now.

15 Likes

“well the menu certainly sounds delicious. I’ll trust your judgement.”

But also, free* dinner

*That we’re paying thousands of pounds for

6 Likes

Damn it Japan, what were you thinking with that corner at the end :frowning:

3 Likes

Honestly, can’t remember the game. Remember I was on a school trip to Dieppe during the Romania game so wondering if I missed it due to travelling back that day.

two people in this thread facing bans for mentioning Football football coming home

1 Like

No idea, I only remember the Romania and Argentina games in 1998

Without cheating, can we name a non-current Colombian XI?

(Excuse the spellings, or glaring errors)

René Higuita

Andrés Escobar

Carlos Valderama

Tino Asprilla
Hamilton Ricard

MĂĄrio Yepes

Fredy Guarin

1 Like

Guarin’s still playing.