World Cup of Detective/Crime Series (Final post 249)

No! I’m sorry but I don’t think it does.
Criminal Minds, Midsomer Murders and Jonathan Creek occupy a wholly different place in my mind, to The Wire.

3 Likes

So we’re all agreed, The Wire out, and The Bill in?

If The Wire remains in, I will vote for it, but that should be taken as a vote for The Bill.

4 Likes

I’m happy to be swayed, although I can’t change the polls now I am a failure at these before I’ve even started.

The Wire?

• Swap it out for something else
  • Leave it in

0 voters

It’s still a crime show like Silent Witness, Prime Suspect, The Bridge or Cracker though.

Guess this is covering procedural stuff like The Wire, CSI, etc. as well as the single case per season stuff.

It must be weird to know what @AQOS has been feeling like for the past two weeks. I think perhaps everyone should run a World Cup, in a movement of solidarity.

3 Likes

You’re shitting me, what sort of time zone is this world cup being hosted.

Take it up with Osm…I mean… @Joke…ummmmmm…er…

1 Like

DEATH IN PARADISE must be included in all its cheesey formulaic glory. Only to be booted put in the early stages but still.
I’ll be voting on pure Sunday evening enjoyment /watchability and not actual quality of television.

Also where’s Ms Fishers Murder Mysteries?!

1 Like

Absolute shambles. I’m out

… Unless i keep posting in here

1 Like

Poirot or Marple for the win tbh.

1 Like

My little grey cells tell me anything other than a Poirot win could lead to a murder most horrid.

3 Likes

I’ve already resigned myself to the fact that my cheesy favourites will fall at the first or second hurdle.

Should be murder mysteries imho, don’t need to know The Wire/Bridge etc are better than something for a sunday evening.

Oh fuck!!!
Murder Most Horrid! :heart:
Maybe we need a separate comedy murder mystery WC.
MMH
That other one I just thought of that has now left my brain Argh what is it. - A touch of cloth!!!
Murder in Successville

I remembered

1 Like

Where’s ‘Murder She Wrote’?

Can’t say I’ve heard of more than 2-3 of these.

2 Likes

It wasn’t Agatha Raisin but that would go in the comedy category I think?

And MY DIAGNOSIS…
MURDER!

2 Likes

Yeah I’ll admit @NeilYoung I’m afraid it’s got a bit of a UK bias, muchly on account of the fact I’m not overly up on US stuff.

1 Like

Is there any way to found out which episodes of a program I’ve watched? Like google must know that somehow, right?

1 Like

No problemo :+1: