šŸŒ World Cup of Everything 2020: Groups A & B

Believe me, on a scale of surprise ā€œDiS likes beerā€ is subterranean but itā€™s the repetition thats got me in a spin

The other day, Stewart Copeland off of The Police was saying about how repetition is interesting or something

Band or TV series?

1 Like

Spyro the dragons soundtrack now makes far more sense

I never played that game

Flying Gas Horse. Obviously.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s right! The Flying Gas Horse, Ding Junhui! Snooker nicknames are wild.

5 Likes

Weā€™ve come a long way since Steve ā€œInterestingā€ Davis and Peter ā€œSafety Firstā€ Ebdon.

1 Like

Missing out imho but heā€™s probably too dated by now

A funny interpretation of this exchange (based largely on your most recent post) would be that ā€œI never played that gameā€ means I never fucked the dragon and that ā€œheā€™s probably too dated nowā€ means ā€œhe has been on too many dates so youā€™ll never get to fuck himā€

1 Like

Thatā€™s lovely

2 Likes

In my mind I did wonder for a moment if you would think of Spyro in a romantic sense and Iā€™m glad you did, I even added the ā€˜tooā€™ as a buffer but alas not strong enough

Admittedly, you have to do a bit of mental gymnastics in order to get that reading but I think itā€™s worth the effort

1 Like

thatā€™s lovely

1 Like

Iā€™ll close the polls at 4 or something yeah

Through to the next roundā€¦

LOCAL INDIAN RESTAURANT!
ARCADE FIREā€™S FUNERAL!
CHEDDAR CHEESE!
THE EMBLEM OF MONGOLIA!

RIP Irn Bru :frowning:

6 Likes

Oh wait, all these ā€˜gas horseā€™ comments are about the snooker guy? I just assumed it was an art house reference to David Lynch that I didnā€™t know the background to.

Holy shit you guys are fucking ridiculous.

2 Likes

The Emblem of Mongolia features a flying horse which is actually something called a wind horse in regional mythology, but if you use the very literal translation into English it would be gas horse.

1 Like

They may have turned into a really pompus and crappy band but Funeral is fantastic

1 Like