World Cup of Female Sci-Fi/Fantasy TV Characters (post 176 for the FINAAALLLLLLLL!!!!)

Veronica Mars isn’t a fantasy or Sci fi character.

4 Likes

In my view they get lumped into that category as in general these are shows that appeal to the same audience that likes sci-fi and fantasy. It’s a greyer area. Part of this is that their basis is inherently fantastical and they own that.

Unlike, say, 24 or CSI which are both fantastical but desire to be seen as ‘serious’ crime/spy drama.

2 Likes

Nah :alarm_clock:

1 Like

Can’t find that siren emoji that @ericVI uses.

Well I spent a while trying to get 32 characters that fulfilled a fairly broad base and avoided Lost, obviously, so if I’ve only failed you on one then I reckon that’s pretty decent!

1 Like

I adored Willow but she turned evil, was an abusive girlfriend, was involved with kicking Buffy out of her own house, had terrible taste with Kennedy and she was Bi not gay.
Always felt I couldnt complain too much because I should have just been happy about there being a gay couple on TV (especially at the time) and I’ve always felt like I’m y’know, less gay, benefiting from straight privilege etc but nah, fuck bi-erasure. It would have been just as powerful.to have her be bi and wouldn’t then have undermined and retrospectively diminished the love she had with Oz.

4 Likes

Yeah this was my reasoning I guess. Anyway, hopefully everyone feels cool with at least 28/32 of my choices being in here. I reckon that’s a passing score!! :smiley:

1 Like

More people need to watch Orphan Black, clearly. Helena ooooh never have I loved a serial killer more :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

The sheer number of characters compared to how many people seemed to watch it made it tough for this.

Kind of amazed at Team Pond beating Team Potts in Doctor Who TBH. I guess maybe a lot of people didn’t watch her series but Bill Potts may be my favourite Doctor Who character ever, I reckon.

2 Likes

Both Olivias should be in the poll really.

1 Like

If Wonder Woman doesn’t win I’ll be raging.

Also, where’s the Star Wars women?

1 Like

Tv poll

2 Likes

Ahhhhhhh. Someone will be irked there is no She-Ra

3 Likes

WHERE THE FUCK IS CHEETARA THIS IS BULLSHIT

5 Likes

Bill is great.

Amy started off great but was dead annoying by the end.

3 Likes

^^^^^^^^^^

1 Like

Decided it was probably just random so I used a random ordering in XL

Group Winner vs runner up Runner up vs winner
A H F
B D G
C E A
D A H
E C D
F G C
G B E