🏆 📺 1️⃣ World Cup Of One Off Simpsons Characters 1️⃣ 📺 🏆

Prime Minister Andy very nearly got in.

I imagine he’d be pretty easy going about not making the final cut.

1 Like

Gutted that Charles Daddy didn’t make it

2 Likes

(She also appears in a truly execrable later episode where Marge rapes Homer I believe. She shouldn’t be in here but we’re really struggling for female inclusivity as is.)

No pictures provided here so I reckon it’ll be fine

Group F is in dire need of a late goal…

Group Stage Round-Up

Rex Banner emerging ahead of Frank Grimes in the group of death sets up at least one mouth-watering Round of 16 tie. Nosebleeds all round as the Nerds (Benjamin, Doug and Gary, it says here) convincingly win their wild card group. Some very tight contests elsewhere were exemplified by the runner’s up spot in Group F, which had to be decided with dice rolls: Apologies to Lurleen and the Senor, Chester will be dining on liver and onions tonight. In the Group B battle of the rich failsons Freddie Quimby inched out Larry Burns.

Your Round of 16:

• Roy
  • Freddie Quimby

0 voters

• Molloy the Catburglar
  • Hank Scorpio

0 voters

• Lyle Lanley
  • Frank Grimes

0 voters

• Rex Banner
  • Detective Don Brodka

0 voters

• Brad Goodman
  • Chester J. Lampwick

0 voters

• Karl the Assistant
  • Ray Patterson

0 voters

• The University Nerds
  • Shelby’s Father (lemon guy)

0 voters

• The Tall Man in a Small Car
  • Bleeding Gums Murphy

0 voters

What am I missing with the University Nerds? They’re not even the best one-offs in that episode (Dean Peterson, Sir Oinksalot, Nerdlinger).

3 Likes

DiS posters feeling seen?

3 Likes

They remind people of a good episode I suppose.

Also the rock tumbler bit will never not make me laugh

EDIT: Also one of the most timeless gags in the entire canon

2 Likes

Bump. Still a couple contests that could go either way…

The concept of Roy as a character is absolutely brilliant isn’t it

5 Likes

Put a sock in it

Disappointed to see Ray Patterson go but feel he’ll be happy to have made it through the groups.

Round of 16 Round-up

In the tightest contest of the round Roy worked his finger guns just enough to quell the challenge of Freddie Quimby. Frank Grimes overcame his first round disappointment to thoroughly North Haverbrook Lyle Lanley’s campaign, a disappointment for him. Ian the Tall upsetting Bleeding Gums was probably just as well, with increasing loud voices from the Genius at Work contingent for the two time jazz star to be disqualified. The heavyweights continue to bulldoze, but they all now have some tough appointments.

The Quarter Finals

• Roy
  • Hank Scorpio

0 voters

• Frank Grimes
  • Rex Banner

0 voters

• Brad Goodman
  • Karl the Assistant

0 voters

• The University Nerds

0 voters

Troy, this circle, is you.

My God it’s like you’ve known me all my life!

4 Likes

i’ll kill myself if harvey fierstein doesn’t win

You can’t just vote for yourself Hank, you scoundrel.

The second game has gone into extra time. Can someone make themselves a hero?

Quarter Final Round-Up

In the Self-Help Guru Derby it’s Karl who emerges victorious over Brad, a tremendous effort by the cult Season 2 star. Ian has also somehow tootled his way to the semis. At 79 seconds of screentime total he is far and away the dark horse of the competition.

Elsewhere Grimey grinds his way past Banner. He now faces the favourite. Some might suggest this really should be the final and that one half of this draw is much tougher than the other, but then some just face an agonizing struggle through life don’t they.

The Semis

• Hank Scorpio
  • Frank Grimes

0 voters

• Karl the Assistant

0 voters