World Cup of World Flags 🌍🎌🌎 DAY 2 **R3 #58 &#59**

Nepal should waltz through; indie-est flag ever

2 Likes

I’ll admit I have pre-existing bias towards Timor Leste, but I do think it’s a very solid flag. Probably not an ultimate winner, but a strong contender IMO. Good colour combination, not too fussy, has an almost 3D element due to the angles which I haven’t seen on many other flags.

1 Like

(don’t think @japes needs to worry about his job just yet)

11 Likes

Zambia trailing their Group is a travesty, such a boss flag

Woah! I am here for this level of constitutional detail

A precise geometrical description of the Nepalese national flag is specified in the Constitution of the Kingdom of Nepal, Article 5, Schedule 1, adopted 9 November 1990.
According to the stated geometric construction law, the circumscribed rectangle has an irrational ratio of:
{\displaystyle
β‰ˆ 1:1.21901033… (OEIS: A230582).[9] This ratio is the least root of the quartic polynomial[10]
{\displaystyle
and arises from the addition of the blue border after construction of the red field. The bounding rectangle of the red field alone has the rational aspect ratio 3:4 (=1:1.333…).[8]

8 Likes

yeah that yellow triangle is doing a lot of work there. v smart flag

3 Likes

I kind of understand the love for Bhutan’s flag - dragon and all that - but the colours just make it look a muddy mess for me.

1 Like

Would 100% wear these

1 Like

No way Barbados can go out at this stage

MOTHERFUCKIN’ TRIDENT YO

3 Likes

I love how the Uganda background is just a clone-tooled sideways Belgium flag.

Sad about not being able to vote for Afghanistan, but if you’re gonna have a crest on a tricolour, I don’t know what the fuck you’re thinking having it not fit inside the middle stripe.

2 Likes

Gonna have to, once more, take issue with this β€œchicken” stuff

Absolutely devastated* that it looks like Papua New Guinea and it’s lovely bird of paradise looks to be going out, but it’s in a tough group, so it’s good to see at least one bird (oh and Kiribati has a seagull) making it through, even if it is a chicken.

*mildly disappointed

This noble beast, is not β€œa chicken”

2 Likes
5 Likes

Well that’s fucking adorable. Thank you for sharing.

Vine in it’s purest sweetest form

1 Like

hmm

image image

20 Likes

Would really recommend this book to any flag fans @everyoneinthread

10 Likes

Truly phenomenal (chef kiss)!

probably pretty representative of me and @profk if we ever get to hang out

1 Like