⚽ ⚽ World Football Cup 2018 - The Prelude (Le Threadoi) ⚽ ⚽

just did the draw for our office sweepstake, and i got Iran. what are the chances ffs

not gonna lie was tempted to put this as my favourite WORLD CUP moment yesterday

Still impressive that 1994 had the highest average attendance considering the USA barely knew what football was at that point

China invented football and they’ve had none.

Hive mind help me I need

• somewhere showing the Friday matches
• in centralish London
• booking a table would be nice
• not full of weapons
• a garden? Is it going to be nice weather?

Read the other day that they have by far the most people attending games from outside Russia this year as well despite not qualifying.

NB weapons here means arseholes not actual weapons though none of them either please

Optimum number of teams at a finals?

• Other semi-realistic answer (please state below)

0 voters

they were playing in some huge stadiums tbf, so that was always a possibility (biggest being Rose Bowl at 90k plus capacity) but yeah USA properly caught the fever (also easy enough for the likes of Mexico and South American fans to come along, loads of faux “Irish” and “Italian” fans etc etc)

As in more Americans will be at Russia 2018 games than anyone else this year? Fucking hell that will be tough

wow. But this is exactly what I mean in terms of them getting another World Cup, it would actually potentially be the biggest WORLD CUP EVER now that they’re actually on board and engaged with it (would be funny if the bubble burst by then though cuz, you know, 'Murica)

Yeah, I think it will be a great tournament personally, I’m just jealous innit

at least we have 2020 :wink:

Water Poet basically laughed at me just now when I tried to book

Aye you’ve left this a bit late m9. Booked a table at this place in the previous world cup, was good! http://www.williamsspitalfields.com/

can you imagine being alive in 2026