World Snooker Championship 2019

Enjoying the growing feud between Williams and the Powers That Be.

Really revving himself up for another title against the odds*.

*an Ebdon style breakdown when he gets dumped out in the third round.

Impressive session by Cahill there. Suspect Ronnie will up his game a bit tomorrow, though.

love how Ronnie constantly looks like heā€™s on the cusp of just walking out

Yeah he was genuinely impressive! Not over-awed by the occasion at all. Good to see. Although remember last year Ronnie had a similarly bad start against Maguire and then came back for the second session and battered him. Will something similar happen today?

Not a huge number of talking points from the first weekend. Surprised that it was Murphy who recorded the first Crucible whitewash in 27 years. Playing a young unknown in the first round is exactly the sort of scenario he is susceptible to. Ah well. Scored 4 centuries.

Keep an eye on Dave Gilbert I would say - having a very strong season and started well yesterday. Probably the most likely to be the dark horse this year.

8-5 Cahill. Bloody hell.

Cosmic justice in overdrive here potentially - Ronnie being dumped out of the first round of the Worlds by the ultimate ā€œnumptyā€.

havenā€™t seen any of it today but he was playing yesterday like he really didnā€™t want to be there

As I say every year I just donā€™t think heā€™s got the mental desire/focus to take on the World Championships any more. Only difference this year is that he doesnā€™t seem to have moaned about them for ages beforehand.

1 Like

Good pot

Average smack

1 Like

8-8 now. Looks like Cahillā€™s finally cracked. And who the fuck can blame him.

1 Like

Ronnie looks absolutely overjoyed about it as well

Yeah imagine worming so hard to make it to The Crucible and in your first game you get drawn against the best player ever. Great performance from him regardless.

1 Like

The sign of a great player would be one who relishes the opportunity, not cows from it I would say.

Dunno if Cahill will become a great player but heā€™s certainly been up for this.

Dramatic frame IMO

2 Likes

Woah! That pink miss!

1 Like

canā€™t believe he missed that pink

2 Likes

This exchange is gonna be well good

Once, while I was playing pool, I said ā€œYou rack 'em, Iā€™ll fuck 'emā€

Would be good if someone said that to the umpire between frames during a World Snooker Championship match.

Cahill still playing left handed shots even now. Ridiculous.