Worst Album Artwork 2019

32 Likes

:face_vomiting:

1 Like

I feel Ohio Players nailed the woman+honey album cover concept in the 70s.

https://images.ctfassets.net/23wh7e5ryr18/photo-45159/c11efceb6de3f01bd803f14550049f97/45159-screen-shot-2017-11-15-at-11.png?fm=jpg&fl=progressive&w=900&q=50

2 Likes

now thats what i call Worst Album Artwork 2019

3 Likes

This is a masterclass in how not to put an album cover together. Magnificent.

6 Likes

I think it’s a good cover, TBH. Really well photographed and a pretty iconic image. (Not particularly a fan of her or her music though.)

1 Like

I feel like this is a clearest gap between what someone had in mind and what budget and skills allowed. Great stuff.

1 Like

The Amanda Palmer album is clearly in the wrong thread, that’s a fantastic cover (the censor tags detract obviously but you still get the idea)

1 Like

14 Likes

:anguished:

15 Likes

“Get me Matt Berry!”
“He’s unavailable, sir”
“Get me his non-union lookalike equivalent, then!”

12 Likes

Weirdly Matt Berry works a fair bit with Neil Hannon so it could have been him

was this an april fools?

Although this album cover is terrible. I like Devine Comedy in their more whacky mode, so will definitely check out this album. Bang goes the neighborhood had an even worse cover than this, but probably my favorite album of theirs.

I just found out and was about to post this, ugh. The title was bad enough, but then the cover, and that font at the top!

Brought to you by the man that created Promenade…

Will still end up buying it though!

16 Likes

It achieves exactly what she wants it to do.

1 Like

The worst thing is that font evokes an era that is twenty to thirty years earlier than the time the image seems to be striving for. This has irked me right up.

My main thought was if it’s not massively shopped she must work out a lot to look that good at her age after kids.